Menu
Highlighted
TimToad
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV GO app on Windows 10 locks me out of Sky

Hi, I have foolishly downloaded the new App for Windows 10 so that I could take advantage of having direct access to TV rather that having to go through web-browser.

This has resulted in 2 things I didn't expect:

1) I had to replace my device … even though it was the same one just using the app not a browser,

and

2) Can't now watch Sky Sports as the Virgin App gives error "the app required to watch this channel is not available for this device" and if I try to download content the Sky Sports App reports "Could not register the device. Maximum allowed registered devices exceeded"

So now I am completely scuppered as I can't revert Virgin back to browser mode as I have to wait until the end of the month.

Surely a device is a device whether I choose to use the app or a browser to access the content.

Or am I missing something?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin TV GO app on Windows 10 locks me out of Sky

Hi TimToad,

Thanks for letting us know about this on the community.

I'd like to take a look into this for you so I'm just going to send you a private message to request further information.

You will find this message if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos