cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV GO app/ Chrome - Maximum devices reached

ggv_58
Joining in

Could somebody from Virgin Media help please?

I have the Virgin TV Go App on two laptops using Chrome or TV Go App. Every time the laptops Windows 10 are shutdown, Virgin Go App does not recognise them. 

On my mobile phone, the Virgin TV Go App works fine, I guess because it is always connected to Google?

I would appreciate your help, thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ggv_58 thanks for your post here although we're sorry to hear of your concerns raised surrounding TV Go.

When you say the TV Go app doesn't recognise them, can you elaborate on what you mean please?

Are you receiving any error codes when you log back in for example? 

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi There,

What I receive every time I sign in on the Virgin TV Go with my laptop is that I have to register the device. But the device has already been registered as the name YOGA Chrome Computer.

I have another Dell 7280 Laptop and it is the same. The Virgin TV Go App says I have to register the device that has already been regsitered.

The only device that keeps working fine is the mobile phone registered as device Altice.

I was not aware that you have a certain limit to register devices per month. So now I have an error message saying that I have too many registered devices within the month and I have to wait ubtil the 1st of March to re-register the laptops again. 

I do not understand what is going wrong. That means that one signed in we cannot turn off the laptop? Somebody said that I have to accept the cookies. Which cookies? I did not have any question to accept or reject cookies inside the Virgin TV Go App.

Thanks

Hi @ggv_58 thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

It is cookie settings that are dependent to your browser that cause this, we can't advise exactly what settings are required to stop this happening as many customer's cookie settings are different to the other.

However, what will help here is resetting your devices entirely so you can start from scratch which is what I'd advise.

With this in mind, please expect a PM from me to arrive shortly so I can help with this.

Respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom_W,
If the only way around the problem is to reset all my devices, it's fine for me.
You say it is cookie settings that are causing this but the the Virgin Software developer should say which cookie settings that have to be on in order to identify the device otherwise it will happen again!
It seems to be a simple matter. Why it becomes so complicated?
I do not understand...but well, such is life!!

Hi Tom_W,

Regarding cookie settings, I found on my Google Chrome settings PRIVACY and SECURITY/ CLEAR COOKIES AND SITE DATA WHEN YOU CLOSE ALL WINDOWS was set to ON. So maybe that explains why every time the computer was shutdown, the cookies were deleted!! Hence when I would turn the Virgin TV GO back on, it would not recognise my laptops!

I have also included the web page https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en/settings/my-tv-channels.html?mode=pwa on the list of sites that can always use cookies.

Maybe it should be fine after the devices are reset. What a pain in the back side!

Thanks

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey ffv_58, thanks for posting with your update.

We're sorry to see all the trouble you've had with the TV Go App and device settings so far.

We'd love to further assist where needed, could you please confirm if you've managed to restore the issue with your devices or do you still need some help with that?

Please, let us know how you get on since you last posted here yesterday.

If you wish, we can look into resetting the TV Go App devices so you can add  them back on manually (re-subscribe) if necessary.

We're here to help, just give us a shout if you require this.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi There,

I have still not able to use the TV Go App.

Please go ahead and reset all devices so I can add them manually later on.

Thanks,

Hi ggv_58, thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to hear you're still unable to access TV Go and for any inconvenience this may be causing you.  I would love to help you reset your devices. To enable me to do so I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Adri_G,

Everything has been resolved in resetting the devices and also with the TV Go App.

Thanks for asking and offering your help!

Many thanks and Best Regards,

Gerson