Menu
BillRip
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Go losing video

I've been using Virgin Go on a windows 10 PC for a couple of weeks but it occasionally drops video. The sound continues with a black screen. Hitting the back button (top left) and then selecting play usually restores the video at the point it dropped out. Sometimes it doesn't happen all evening, but sometimes it happens four or five times. Anyone else seeing this or knows a cause/cure?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Go losing video

Hello BillRip, 

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. 

I just need to check what browser you are using and are you able to test on a different browser?. 

Are you also able to try TV Go on another device?

Hope to hear from you soon 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
BillRip
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm not using a browser, I just downloaded the app which runs in it's own window. I just installed the app on a Windows 10 laptop and the same thing happened, it lost video (but not sound) after about 30 minutes. I don't know if it's significant, but I was watching Grimm on each occasion.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi BillRip

Thank you for getting back to us about this.

Have you tried it through a web browser to see if it is the same on there or on another device like a tablet or mobile phone?

Hope to hear from you soon

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
BillRip
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've just watched two episodes of Grimm using Firefox browser on the same Windows PC. No video dropout and it remembers which episodes I've watched which the app didn't do. The only slight criticism is that having watched an episode it them offers me an episode that I've already seen, weird!

So my advice would be forget the app and just watch in a browser window.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi BillRip

Thank you for getting back to me about this.

I'm glad to hear it works fine through the web browser without dropping out. As you have already advised i would recommend just watching this through the web browser.

Take care

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos