cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Go is broken!

AndrewHardy
Up to speed

Using Edge, Chrome & my smartphone when trying to watch ANYTHING  on Virgin go I get this message 

"Sorry, this video cannot be played at this time"

What's going on?

18 REPLIES 18

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Andrew, thank you for posting to bring this to our attention! Sorry to hear of your issues with TV GO. 

Would you be able to confirm a few things so we can help establish where the issue may be:

1) Are these all Android / Windows devices? Are any Mac devices also having this issue?

2) How long has this been ongoing for?

3) Are you able to log in to your My Virgin Media account without issue? 

4) Do you also get any error code along with the message? 

5) Is this happening whilst trying to watch live TV, recordings or both? 

Thank you for your patience whilst we look into this for you. 

All the best. 

Molly

Hi, Molly

I've only just started to try and use the service so I couldn't tell you how long this has been going on for. This is happening when trying to watch Go TV on any internet browser using any device that supports a browser. I primarily use Microsoft Edge on my Xbox and it does it there with any channel I choose to watch. Recorded programs it tells me I need to "Watch on TV" which is fine, but when I click on Watch on TV it tells me my Virgin Media TV box must be online for this to work. My TV box IS online, so 🤷‍♂️

I don't use any MAC devices. Yes I'm able to login to my account with no problems and no there are no error codes.

Just to add, this only seems to be happening when trying to watch TV Go via a browser. Using the Virgin TV Go app on my phone works fine.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@AndrewHardy wrote:

I primarily use Microsoft Edge on my Xbox and it does it there with any channel I choose to watch.

Just checking you have you tried a Windows PC? An Xbox isn't a supported device even with a web browser so the website may try to do something the Xbox doesn't support.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

I did say it was doing it on ANY browser on ANY device...

Besides, a browser is a browser regardless of which device you're using it on.

Hi AndrewHardy

Are you on the same network as the TV when you try on the Web browser?

It may also be best to reboot all devices and try again

Gareth_L

Yes, I'm on my home network. The fact that this works via the Virgin TV go app on my phone and that I'm not the first person to have this issue makes me think that this isn't a problem I can fix from my end. I mean, clicking on any video instantly goes to this screen...

20220317_111637.jpg

 it doesn't even try to play the video. Just instantly shows me that screen.

I really want to vet this sorted today as I would like to upgrade my TV package to include F1. Is there someone who can call me? If I can't get it sorted today there's no point me upgrading.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @AndrewHardy

Thanks for the reply!

So this works perfectly on the app but every web browser it shows this error message, and is this across every single show or do you notice this with certain channels?

I'll get this investigated if so

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes, every single channel. Anyway, it's too late now. The F1 season has already started and given that it takes you guys 24 hours to reply to each of these posts I'll have missed qualifying, just forget it. 

30 quid a month for the F1 upgrade and your stuff doesn't even work. Time to see what Sky offers me.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

F1 isn't through TV Go anyway.

Sky Sports on Virgin TV has it's own Android and iOS app and desktop player for the website, which definitely isn't compatible with the Xbox.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own