cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Go Devices

Stacey_21
Joining in

ViginGo and browser saying that I have reached the maximum number of devices. Before when I logged into either to use them it kept asking me to register my device, its recognising my laptop as a different device even though I use the same laptop and browser each time.

3 REPLIES 3

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Stacey_21, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Sorry to hear about this. It can happen if you use a VPN or if you use an incognito/private browsing mode. We have also known for Google Chrome to treat this as a new device every time you log in. Do any of the mentioned add up to what you've been seeing? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

I'm not using any of those and my browser is Microsoft Edge. 

Thank you for confirming that information @Stacey_21

This sounds more like your laptop is removing the cookies needed to remember you device each time you log in.  You will have to keep the cookies on your laptop/PC or it will register as a new device every time and use up all of their available changes. More info on this can be found here.

You can have up to 5 different compatible devices signed up to the TV Go service and use the app at one time, with the ability to make adjustments to your registered devices 3 times in one month.
Instructions on how a customer can register a device or replace a registered device can be found here.
Let us know if you have any further issues or questions at all, we'll be here to help if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley