cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Go App on Android TV - Shield TV

jkingsbury
Tuning in

Hi, I have Virgin Media Tivo Box but sometimes there are family conflicts over what to watch. I also have an Nvidia Shield (Android TV) in the house and wanted to install the Virgin Go app on them to watch other channels but don't think this is possible. Such a shame as I don't want more boxes around the house at it gets ridiculous with wires and cables everywhere. Also, I don't want to shell out more money for another Tivo box as this is ridiculous considering the existing package costs.

I can watch it on my mobile phone but it is too small for those who are longsighted like me.....has this been considered by Virgin?

8 REPLIES 8

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From a business point of view, why would virgin want to support that? How would this make revenue for Virgin compared to a multiroom subscription?

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

I have had a  good look around even though you should have the Play Store, the Play Store will only be able to Install Apps that are certified for Android TV, to get around this, as long as the Nvidia Shield has a browser then you can use the web version of TvGo at https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en.html

You may have to install Google Chrome on the Shield to get too work.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Just a thought but they might like to keep their customers? Long term gains? Theres always Netflix, Amazon, SKY....etc (as BBC found to their cost)

It's not all about money, is it?

I dont work for Virgin Mobile and my opinions are equally valid....

Thanks Mike. Much more useful than the other reply which tried to draw me into an existential debate about Capitalism and revenue generation..

Thankyou...

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

Thats what I get for being in IT for so long (40 years now), I always like to find a solution or at least a workaround.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

DougEstrada
Joining in
Hello, I want to ask you what is the Virgin Go App?

Hi DougEstrada,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, Virgin TV go app is another great way to watch your favorite channels while on the go on your Mobile device , there is so much more to tell you can find out everything about it here.

Kind regards

Paul.

Chris20000
Just joined

You can sideload the mobile app onto the nvidia shield, you need to use the shield remote app to navigate around but works