cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Control Streaming bot working

leecrich
Joining in

Hi 

i’m not able to stream my recorded shows on the TV Control application on my ipad. Both App abd Ios are latest versions. I get the message constantly -

‘There was a problem streaming this programme. Please check your network and try again’

I am able to use the control app to set up recordings on my box, delete etc only streaming the recordings is an issue.

Grateful for some help!

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The obvious check is to make sure the mobile device and your TiVo/V6 are on the same 192.168.0.x subnet - are they?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, thanks for the response. Yup, just checked and they both are. Ive noticed I get the same error on my phone as well as my ipad.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Leecrich, 

Thank you for your post and sorry to hear you are having issues with your TV control app. 

Is your phone an Apple device as well? Did your app suddenly stop working? Have you made any changes recently that could have affected this? 

Zoie

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, its also an Apple phone - both had latest updates. The phone used to work no problems but seems to have all of a sudden stopped working - the ipad is new and doesnt seem to work. Although it has worked on a previous ipad.

Hope this helps.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

thank you for your reply, Leerich.

Are you able to try on a non-apple device as if we need to raise a ticket for this we need to make sure if it's just apple or other devices as well to better understand the issue.

Zoie

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you Zoie! I have now checked this on a Samsung device and this has worked correctly. It appears to just be the Apple devices that arent working.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @leecrich

Thanks for coming back to us!

I'm going to private message you to collect some more information, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs