cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing virgin media on my MacBook

GrahameP50
Joining in

Can anyone tell me how I can access my Virgin Go on my MacBook when away from home ? 
can’t seem to find an App

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @GrahameP50 

I hope this helps - info from

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-go-what-devices-can-i-use 

Virgin TV Go is supported on the following systems and browsers:

• Windows 8.1 (15063.0 or higher) and macOSX 10.1
  • Google Chrome 69+
  • Mozilla Firefox 67+
  • Microsoft EDGE (Windows only)*
  • Safari 9+(macOS only)**
  • We no longer have a Windows 10 app, but Windows 10 devices can use the website, and install the web app that is offered when visiting the website.

To use Virgin TV Go in a browser please ensure you’ve got cookies enabled in your browser, that virginmedia.com is listed as a trusted site, your browser is set to allow protected content, and you allow pop ups from the Virgin TV Go website.

NOTE: If you register a computer using a browser, you’ll need to use the same browser with Virgin TV Go. Using a different browser, clearing cookies or using incognito mode will be seen as a different device.

*To use Virgin TV Go with Internet Explorer on Windows 7 you'll need to install Microsoft Silverlight.

**To use Virgin TV Go with Safari 11 or earlier you'll need to install Microsoft Silverlight. Virgin TV Go is not currently compatible with Safari 12. To use Virgin TV Go on macOS with Safari 12 installed, you'll need to use an alternate browser such as Firefox or Chrome.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @GrahameP50,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

Have the steps and the information that @newapollo has provided helped at all?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi 

thanks for the response - I had seen the guidance on the virgin website. I have Google Chrome installed on my MacBook 

what I don’t understand, and I’m sorry if this is obvious, is do I download and install Go within Chrome, and if so how do I do that

or do I simply run it in the web browser - and if so how do I do that?

No problem at all @GrahameP50 we are happy to further explain this for you.

You can download the app onto devices to watch as seen here https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/download-the-virgin-tv-go-app.

Alternatively, if you do not wish to download the app, you can access this here by logging in https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en.html.

Is there anything else you need help with? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi I’m just going round in circles here

i want to use Virgin Go on my MacBook

ive been told I can use it in Chrome - which I have and use

when I go on the virgin site it just keeps referring me to the App Store where there is no app to use on a MacBook 

how do I access virgin go using chrome on my MacBook 

please can someone explain in simple to follow steps- I have looked at the guidance on the virgin website and it doesn’t help 

Sorry for that last message 

through luck I appear to have managed to achieve what I wanted - still not sure how, but at the moment I have virgin running on my MacBook 

Hi @GrahameP50

Great to hear so! Keep us updated if this changes.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs