cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing programs on TV go

carolines3562
Joining in

Recently joined virgin. I’ve downloaded the app but cannot view any of my programs saved to the TV box. 1st. It asks the TV box to be on and then I get errors saying need to turn on location and these are already switched on. I have deleted and reinstalled the app and still getting the same problem. any ideas?

611F81EA-4EB0-4DA2-B90C-71CF4A098291.png

10 REPLIES 10

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @carolines3562 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Are you at home when trying to view these recordings? If so, do you have any VPN's on the device that are active?

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Yes I’m at home- sorry but sure what you mean by VPN in the device or how to check? I was trying to watch from iPhone 14- live tv is ok just saved programmes not able to view.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us.

So is this happening on more than one device?

Also can no recordings be accessed?

Regards,

Kain

Not able to watch any recorded programmes on iPhone via tv go. Can watch them in the tv so o know the recordings are there just not via the app 

Sorry- my son cannot view any recordings on his computer via the app either. 

Hey caroline3562, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry your son can't watch any recordings.

Please can you let me know what type of recordings you are trying to watch?

The reason I ask is because certain programs can only be watched back on apps such as iplayer, ITX etc. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

It’s basically anything on his pc- sky sports/ bt etc. I understand about BBC iPlayer etc but it’s any recordings. It only gives the option to watch on tv and not on his pc? 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Recorded programmes can only be viewed on portable devices (tablets & phones). PCs & laptops have functionality that can create “pirate” copies of recordings, hence the broadcasters will not allow you to view recordings on these devices.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Oh- he could always watch it on sky go previously before changing to virgin? Never had a problem before so assumed it would be the same. It’s a pain but if we start a programme on a tv he can then watch it by clicking on the continue to watch as ruin?