Menu
SteveStav
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

View 'My Shows' on mobile device - Functionality dropped on the New Virgin TV & Go Apps

On the original TVAnywhere App one could view 'My Shows' either on the TV or the Mobile Device (in my case tablet).

The New TV App only allows viewing of 'My Shows' on the TV, as one would expect from a comprehensive remote control app. However, the 'GO' app offers no option at all.

The functionality was there in TVAnywhere and has been dropped / Lost in the new apps.

Please advise on any fixes or plans to restore this functionality.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: View 'My Shows' on mobile device - Functionality dropped on the New Virgin TV & Go Apps

SteveStav wrote:

On the original TVAnywhere App one could view 'My Shows' either on the TV or the Mobile Device (in my case tablet).

The New TV App only allows viewing of 'My Shows' on the TV, as one would expect from a comprehensive remote control app. However, the 'GO' app offers no option at all.

The functionality was there in TVAnywhere and has been dropped / Lost in the new apps.

Please advise on any fixes or plans to restore this functionality.

There are now two Virgin Media apps that you need to use.  The TV control app lets you set recordings etc and view recorded shows if you have a V6 box on your home network when you are connected to your home WiFi.

You need the TV Go app to stream live programmes or on demand content to your mobile ios or android device.  Read the 'sticky posts' at the top of this forum for further info.

SteveStav
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: View 'My Shows' on mobile device - Functionality dropped on the New Virgin TV & Go Apps

Thank you Graham for your prompt response. I am very much aware of the distinct functionality and purpose of the two new apps. However, the issue still stands that with the original TVAnywhere app one could access 'My Shows' on an android device and cannot do this with the TV Go app where one would expect it. In the interests of going forward, this functionality has either been deliberately dropped or accidently overlooked. I simply want to watch my recordings remotely like I used to. So, can anyone please advise on how and possibly when this functionality may be again used?

Many thanks
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You were never able to watch recording from My Shows on your V6 away from home.

That function was and is only available when your app is connected to the same network as the V6 at home.

0 Kudos
SteveStav
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ernie, thank you for your prompt response. Perhaps I did not make myself clear. My android tablet, and so the Virgin Apps, are connected to the same network as my Tivo box. Whilst on this connection, TVanywhere offered you the choice of watching My Shows on TV or Tablet. The corresponding Virgin TV app only offers viewing on the TV. This is why I believed that the TV Go app would have the functionality, given my tablet is a remote device, despite being connected to the same network. So, I'm sorry, I stand by original assertion that watching 'My shows' on my tablet is functionality that has now disappeared with these new apps. If you can watch 'My shows' from your mobile device, connected to the same network as your box, with these new apps, then I'd be interested to know how you do it!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

SteveStav wrote:
Ernie, thank you for your prompt response. Perhaps I did not make myself clear. My android tablet, and so the Virgin Apps, are connected to the same network as my Tivo box. Whilst on this connection, TVanywhere offered you the choice of watching My Shows on TV or Tablet. The corresponding Virgin TV app only offers viewing on the TV. This is why I believed that the TV Go app would have the functionality, given my tablet is a remote device, despite being connected to the same network. So, I'm sorry, I stand by original assertion that watching 'My shows' on my tablet is functionality that has now disappeared with these new apps. If you can watch 'My shows' from your mobile device, connected to the same network as your box, with these new apps, then I'd be interested to know how you do it!

The answer to your question is contained in my original reply.  I will repeat it here.  To watch 'My Shows' recorded on a V6 box on your mobile device you need to use the TV Control app.  This function will only be available when connected to your home wifi network.

You cannot and never have been able to watch 'My Shows' recorded on the older TiVo box via a mobile device.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, I misinterpreted your use of the word 'remote'.

I can confirm, however, that the new Virgin TV Control app does have the function to view recordings and download some for offline viewing.

We now need to understand how to resolve the issue you are seeing.

Are you using the Virgin TV Control app? The Virgin TV Go app is only for watching Live TV and On Demand anywhere in the UK, using either wifi or mobile data.

Have you successfully completed streaming setup on the Virgin TV Control app?

Does the Virgin TV Control app display any icons with explanation marks?

0 Kudos