cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Unavailable message

eagleboy1234
On our wavelength

Every time I try to access Sky Sports on my iPhone I keep getting the message’Video Unavailable’

20 REPLIES 20

780F85BF-EF06-48AC-9B5F-45965B8A79F7.png

 Tried that by still getting this annoying message.  I’m going to give up!

Sorry to see you're effected by this issue @eagleboy1234

Does this happen on the Apple device only, or is it replicated on other devices also?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

eagleboy1234_0-1643735162573.jpeg

No only on my iPhone.  Annoyingly I also get this message which I haven’t a clue why!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @eagleboy1234 

The issue may be caused by the VPN. 

What happens if you try without the VPN?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

When I turn off the VPN Virgin automatically reconnects it (I’ve switched it off on Norton so I know that’s not reconnecting).

Hi @eagleboy1234, thanks for your return message.

Unfortunately, we aren't responsible for any VPN's so if it is automatically reconnecting then that will be the function of the VPN you're using.

Does this still happen when you disable wifi altogether, and use your mobile data only?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hello Tom,  I’ve completely disabled the VPN and tried the app again and I’m now able to watch Sky Sports on my iPhone.  I now understand that the app needs to know that you are based in the UK to ensure you are eligible to receive the service and the VPN may prevent that.

Tanks for the update eagleboy1234 and glad to hear removing the VPN has helped resolve the issue. 

Rob

Thanks for your advice!

Our pleasure @eagleboy1234

Have a lovely weekend!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs