cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Unavailable message

eagleboy1234
On our wavelength

Every time I try to access Sky Sports on my iPhone I keep getting the message’Video Unavailable’

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Tom,  I’ve completely disabled the VPN and tried the app again and I’m now able to watch Sky Sports on my iPhone.  I now understand that the app needs to know that you are based in the UK to ensure you are eligible to receive the service and the VPN may prevent that.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

20 REPLIES 20

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @eagleboy1234

Thanks for your post.

Can you please confirm how you are trying to view Sky Sports? Is it via an app or browser?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

I’m trying to access it through the Sky Sports app.  I open the Virgin Go app, select Sky Sports, exit the Virgin Go app as instructed, which then takes me to the Sky Sports app. Then I get the message ‘Video Unavailable’.  Hope this helps?

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Eagleboy1234,

Thank you for your reply 🙂 
Have you tried logging in straight to the Sky Sports app rather than going through TVGO ?

Zoie

Yes, it asks me to log in using a Sky ID which I don’t have as a Virgin customer

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @eagleboy1234 

Are yuo entering your VM details in the correct section?

Sky Sports loginSky Sports login

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @eagleboy1234 thanks for getting back to us.

Have you seen the screenshot @newapollo has posted?  If so, has it helped you with your access to the Sky Sports app?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi there.  Yes I’ve tried to log in on the Sky Sports app and although it tells me I’m logged in I’m still getting this message.  Never had this when I was with Sky using their Sky Go app so this is really annoying.

Yes.  I click on the Virgin logo and enter my details in the pop up.

Can you uninstall the app, clear the cookies and the cache and then reinstall the app and try again for us?

Let us know if this works.

Rob