cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM telly tablet running android 7 Sky Sports no App

lynda59
Joining in

Have done a factory reset due to telly tablet problems. TV Go is working fine but cannot access Sky Sports APP. Google Play Store states "Your Device isn't compatible with this version" and doesn't even provide an install option. Anyone any ideas. Sky told me to contact Virgin Media .

Full VIP Package for 4 Years x 2 V6 boxes and one VM Telly Tablet

33 REPLIES 33

Tyzot
On our wavelength

Oh, the usual I'm sorry you feel that way response. Its not about feelings, its about facts and in this case the fact is that Virgin Media Customer Service has once again failed to deliver. I agree that the app itself is managed by Sky but I pay Virgin Media for the service so it is Virgin Medias responsibility to investigate and resolve the issue for all their customers. That probably means someone at VM picking up the phone and talking to Sky and finding out why it doesn't work for Virgin Telly Tablet users. Individual customers have no power to talk to Sky as they have no direct contract. Its not difficult, it just requires a little bit of ownership and good customer support, so expectations are clearly not high. Please remember that you are still advertising this capability as below and we are therefore paying for it as part of our contracts.

How to watch Sky Sports on a device

If you’ve an iPhone 4S, iPad 2, iPod Touch 5th generation or newer versions with iOS 9 or higher installed, your Apple device is compatible with the Sky Sports app. Same if your phone or tablet has Android 5.0 on it (our device guide can help you check). When you’re ready:

1. Download the Sky Sports app from Google Play or Apples's App. Store
  2. Open the app and choose a channel to watch.
  3. Tap Sign In With Virgin Media TV and enter your My Virgin Media username and password.
  4. Allow the app to have your location and enable location services on your device.
  5. Enjoy! Your device will register itself automatically.

Tyzot
On our wavelength

Looks like we have found a solution. Just a pity that the so called IT dept. at Virgin Media couldn't solve it before one of their customers.

Looks like it may have been an update issue.

The problem lies with the Google Play Store which is usually used to download apps (which are APK files), so using the APK Pure downloader app from apkpure.com resolves this issue. 

Access APK Pure through the web browser (just type APK Pure into the search engine) and the downloader app is there to download and install. Once installed, it can be opened and the search used to find Sky Sports and install it.  Problem solved!!

Enjoy!!!

Hi Tyzot, welcome back! Thank you so much for returning to this thread with an update. 

I am so pleased to hear you have been able to resolve your issues with the Sky Sports App / google play store.

Sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this caused, and that you were able to find a solution before our support teams. 
Please do return to this thread if you have any further updates or require any additional support with this. 

Wishing you all the best! 

Molly

Tyzot
On our wavelength

Molly,

Interesting response - that I fixed it before your team! Additional support ! You mean additional to VM wasting hours of my life getting passed from pillar to post on the phone before they told me they were not interested. Your team were not even working on it and were not interested in finding a solution. Lets just call it like it is - Virgin Medias terrible customer service strikes again! My biggest issue was actually with Virgin Media Customer Service not the app.