cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM telly tablet running android 7 Sky Sports no App

lynda59
Joining in

Have done a factory reset due to telly tablet problems. TV Go is working fine but cannot access Sky Sports APP. Google Play Store states "Your Device isn't compatible with this version" and doesn't even provide an install option. Anyone any ideas. Sky told me to contact Virgin Media .

Full VIP Package for 4 Years x 2 V6 boxes and one VM Telly Tablet

33 REPLIES 33

Tyzot
On our wavelength

Martin,

Thanks for asking!

I was promised a call back from the IT team on Friday and a general customer service agent called me yesterday afternoon. Then followed the standard of customer service that we have all come to expect from Virgin. Two hours on the phone being passed backwards and forwards around various departments (including being cut off twice), none of whom would own the issue or offer a solution. The most common suggestion was that I should call Sky, which I explained I cannot do as I am not a Sky customer and so they wont talk to me and that Virgin should call them to discuss any issues with the app. Finally the suggestion made was that maybe the app is the problem and it might fix itself if I wait for a future (unspecified) update! 

Bottom line is that Virgin are not interested or taking responsibility for providing the service that I pay for. 

Thank you for the update @Tyzot.

We are sorry to hear there is no immediate resolution for this. In this case, please instead contact Sky via the following link https://helpforum.sky.com/. They might be able to bring clarity to this issue.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Tyzot
On our wavelength

That is just typical of Virgin Media. Service doesn't work so just fob off the customer. I am a customer and therefore have a contract with Virgin Media not Sky to provide the service. If it goes wrong it is Virgin Medias responsibility to liaise with Sky to fix things for all Virgin Media customers. Sky will not talk to me as I am not their direct customer.

If a channel disappeared from my normal TV package would you expect me to contact them myself?  Actually you probably would!

This is part of my paid package on a tablet you supplied- It is Virgins responsibility to fix it!

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I can appreciate the frustration regarding this Tyzot,

Can I ask, how old are the tablets that not working?

Also is the whole app not working i.e. you can;t sign in?

Thanks,

Kain

Tyzot
On our wavelength

The tablets range in age from a couple of years (Virgin supplied running Android 7) to brand new running Android 10. It is only the Sky Sports app via Virgin that is not working (It will not load, it doesn't even get as far as signing in). Everything else is fine with all the tablets.

Its nice that you understand my frustration as this is always the case with Virgin Medias customer service. It would be nicer still if someone could actually provide some support. 

Hi @Tyzot

Thank you for your reply. 

Is the Ventura location set up as UK, also is the Google Play app set up as location UK?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Tyzot
On our wavelength

I do not know who manufactured the Virgin supplied telly tablet. It is listed as build VM_MD_001 and is set to UK as is the Google Play Store location, I have unsuccessfully tried to use a brand new Venturer tablet running Android 10. The Sky Sports app remains not discoverable through the play store directly and when going through the Virgin TV Go app it shows the Sky Sports app but there is no install button and it says not compatible with either tablet.

ialgie
On our wavelength
Am watching this with interest in case you get any resolution, I have the same issue with a Virgin Telly Tablet and haven't found a solution. I think it just comes down to the fact that it will never get an upgrade beyond Android 7 which the Sky Sports app is no longer compatible with.

Tyzot
On our wavelength

The issue is broader than that. I can’t get it to work on a brand new Android 10 machine. Sky website says that it should work fine on Android 7.Unfortunately Virgin just won’t get off their collective backsides and talk to Sky to resolve it for all VM customers. I can’t do it because I have no account with Sky.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I'm sorry you feel this way - just to be clear hear though, you don't need to log in through TV go to watch Sky Sports - you can log into the stand alone Sky Sports app and chose the Virgin Media tab at the bottom to log in. The app you're being directed to isn't managed by ourselves. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.