cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Store - quick question on Downloads

deans6571
Wise owl

I haven't used the Store before but received an email to say The Last of Us is now available to buy.

From my understanding (let me know if this is incorrect!), I log on to the web version of the Store, buy my content and then its available to download on the VM Store app on my iPhone.

So my question is, if this is correct, can I watch my content on the app, when my phone is not connected to the internet (I want to buy some content to download to the app and then watch said content on a plane journey when I go on holiday soon) ?

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sorry. Yes, you have to make the purchase first via the browser or via TV 360 Virgin Media Store app before it becomes available on the iPad app. There is no search or buy from the app.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@deans6571 

Yes, you can download from the Virgin Store app to watch offline. Here is an example from my iPad version of the app:

058C030D-641F-4B38-A983-FD2DB73A4EF8.jpeg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When offline, downloaded assets have a tick:

68248B6B-430D-4A98-888D-7B1634532C89.jpeg

@Ernie_C wrote:

When offline, downloaded assets have a tick:

68248B6B-430D-4A98-888D-7B1634532C89.jpeg

Thanks for that Ernie 😊

My app on my iPhone only shows this:

deans6571_0-1678885153369.png

I can't even search for content in the above app on my phone - perhaps the iPad version is different ?

EDIT - Just tried the iPad version of the app and that's the same, I can't even search for content??! Do I have to use the website to search for content first?

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sorry. Yes, you have to make the purchase first via the browser or via TV 360 Virgin Media Store app before it becomes available on the iPad app. There is no search or buy from the app.

@Ernie_C wrote:

That's great - much appreciated Ernie.

👍 😀

Hi deans6571, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I am happy that Ernie_C was able to resolve things for you. 

Please let us know if you need anything. 

Kind regards, Chris.