Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

VM Control app not working

Suddenly today my Virgin Media Control app is not working. It just hangs when trying to connect. I've rebooted the hub, I've reinstalled the app and I've restarted my phone but still it doesn't work. Please help! I use the app often to watch on my phone because I'm disabled so I'm in bed a lot.

I get a message saying "Sign-in Error - no SAML login credentials"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM Control app not working

I'm having exactly the same problem. Any word on a fix for this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have spoken to VM and was told it was because they had terminated my email address as it hadn't been used in a number of months. I said that I don't need to login each time I go onto the app, and as I didn't know this rule, why don't they notify customers of this. They said it's done automatically off the server and nobody is notified. Anyway she allowed me to use another email and then she reset it for me. But the app still didn't work after this! She couldn't explain why! She also told me I shouldn't be able to use my other 5 VM apps for the same reason, though I told her the others are working perfectly. Again she couldn't explain why!

Now she has logged a call for this job and i have to wait 72 hours. I use the app a lot due to my disability but they really weren't bothered. I'm so frustrated!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi CatP, 

thanks for using the forums to get this issue sorted, I am sorry you've been dealing with this problem. 

I understand you said an IT ticket was created for this by a previous agent, did they give you a reference code for this which should start with P? Also, have you had any correspondence or calls from the IT team about this?

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I did get some advice originally from the Tech team but nothing worked and what I was told didn't make sense anyway. I was told my email address was terminated due to inaction though we don't get informed of that after it happens, which is madness. You also don't make it clear that it could happen beforehand! Anyway I was told that none of my Virgin apps would work because of the email termination, but she was wrong as the other apps work fine. She was also wrong by saying the resetting of my email address would make the app work again. She was wrong also. I was then told a job would be logged and I'd be contacted in 72hrs. I was eventually contacted but by then I'd already fixed it myself. So i closed the job. Overall the help i was given was incorrect, plus the way the Virgin agent was dealing with me was as if I was stupid. She was extremely patronising/abrupt in her overall manner. I didn't feel like i was appreciated as a customer. But I have had many calls like these and i'm afraid to say, they often come from a certain call centre. The manner is always very condescending, particularly if I question the advice I'm being given. Overall, I feel much happier talking to the engineers in the field. They are always much more helpful and have a better manner, explaining things as if I'm an adult, rather than a 5 year old. Your field engineers should be commended. They are amazing in comparison to a lot of the Tech agents I have to speak to on the phone. Thank you for your interest.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that information CatP. I'm truly sorry to hear about this. Did you raise a complaint with the agents when you spoken with them?

^Martin

0 Kudos