Menu
themuseumcat
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Username not recognised when trying to log on to Virgin TV Go

Tried to sign in to Virgin TV Go on my computer or iPhone but unable to sign in. This prompt appears ' Please sign in with your main user account. Sub-accounts cannot sign in. '   Any ideas why ? 

0 Kudos
captainobvious2
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Username not recognised when trying to log on to Virgin TV Go

Yep, same thing here.

As usual no announcement from Virgin Media.

Two hour long calls on the phone to be told it's a known issue they're working to resolve.

Really?

Come here and the mods haven't got the first clue about the ''known issue''

wgm
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

same here - I spent ages to find online - chat - or telephone help

WHy can it not be announced widely on their website?

Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello @themuseumcat @captainobvious2 and @wgm

Sorry to understand that you're having some issues with your TVGo log in recently. 

We are aware that some customers are having this issue and as such we are investigating this for those impacting. However, there does not seem to be any similar thread causing the issue so we are having to ask for additional information from each customer to add to the investigation. 

If you could all reply with the following, that would be very helpful

• Please confirm that you are using the same username that  you use to check and view your Bills on your MyVirginMedia account. 
  • Please uninstall and reinstall the app
  • Please confirm what device(s) you are using (you can check compatible devices here )

We will also require a screenshot of the error message. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Scragster187
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Katie,

Could we stop seeing the scripted response, which is getting to be quite irritating, and possibly answer the question that was raised why you haven’t made a proper announcement about this here. At the moment we are being asked to limit calls to yiur call centres, for good reason. However it is beholden on VM to make sure that they support other communication methods properly. Ie post a proper announcement here.

captainobvious2
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Katie

I have a question?

You've tagged me and asked me for the same information I've given in eight phone calls, three technical support calls and multiple multiple customer retention calls.

I can't watch Virgin Go.

I've been lied to by customer services, been promised ''credits'' have been applied to my account, been told that the issue has been fixed, uninstalled and reinstalled the app twice.

Here's what's funny about you telling people to uninstall and reinstall the app - when you do that, it considers the device a new unregistered device. Now, luckily for the Virgin app I don't use half the devices I'm supposed to be allowed to register so it doesn't affect me but this laissez faire approach in the forums, on the tech support line and on the web chats is making the problem worse.

So, one final time.

1. Yes, I'm using exactly the same sign in details I've always used - the same sign in details that were working fine the night before the app suddenly decided to ask me to sign in on both devices again then refused to recognise them.

2. I'm using an Apple iPhone 11 and a Samsung Galaxy tab - I'll fall over laughing if you tell me either of those isn't compatible.

3. A screenshot? Okay - where shall I send it?

Nine days and counting.

I look forward to posting back a week from now (if you don't decide to revoke my posting ''privileges'') 

I'm 100% sure I'll have the same problem then but go ahead - surprise me.

crusha
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie,

Same problem here.I 've tried on my phone app and pc browser with the message 'sign in with main account'

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

This issue has now been reported as fixed so this error message should no longer occur. Can you all please try logging back into the app for me? You shouldn't have any further issues from here.

Apologies again for the inconvenience this caused. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you from here.

Kindest regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
captainobvious2
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Beth

It does work now.

Ten days and twelve matches later.

Three questions if you can bring yourself to give me a straight answer.

1. You correctly report the issue as resolved - how is it you only acknowledge the issue once it has been fixed? Up until that point we're being asked to name our equipment and advised to uninstall and reinstall the app.

2. Why do your customer services make promises about ''automated compensation'' when they know, and you know, that they're not going to apply it? I was promised it when I couldn't watch sky matches during June, and again when the TV go app went down for a third of the month of July.

3. Is there anybody, and I mean ANYBODY at virgin who can grasp the simple fact that playing George Ezra ''What are you waiting for'' on a loop to customers who are on hold, sometimes in excess of an hour, feels an awful lot like you're actually laughing at us? Do you think you might actually do the right thing and fix that one simple annoyance?

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Captainobvious, 

here are some answers,

1)There was a sticky on our forum main page regarding this issue, we also needed customers to try doing basic diagnostics to see if they were part of the ongoing fault.

2) Automatic compensation is for when you have not had any service for over 48 hours. Our systems would run checks to see if you have not has services for 48 hours and will automatically add credit.  Our TV GO is a free bonus to your package you do not pay extra for it, as you can still watch channels on your tv package you would not be credited for this 

3)We have no control over the music

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos