Menu
Alan141
Joining in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Unexpected error Sky Sports App

Hi , I changed devices yesterday from iPhone to iPad and after registering iPad I can’t watch sky sports , keep getting message saying “unexpected error” , I’ve logged out , deleted app and reinstalled etc but no joy . Sky Cinema works fine and I can see iPad is a Registered device . Does anyone know how to fix please ?

0 Kudos
Dannythefish
Just joined
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unexpected error Sky Sports App

Yeh I’m getting the same. Haven’t been able to use sky sports mobile to watch live tv for the last month or so. Tempted to switch back to sky if this is the best Virgin can offer. I haven’t even changed devices, seems like every time there is an event I want to watch it’s always unexpected error. Tried reinstall, I’m on latest IOS etc
0 Kudos
JimT1
Joining in
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi, am getting the same. Hope someone comes up with some help soon!!

0 Kudos
ntmh01
Tuning in
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Me too....changed to iPad on Thursday night last week....no Sky Sports since (unexpected error).

I logged a call with Virgin and they said they would have a fix for 5.35pm on Friday.....that then became 9am Saturday.....after that they've only said they are trying hard to resolve it.

I really don't get it. It's not like ios has just landed and developers are still learning how to use it's features for crying out loud! Strikes me that incompetence is the most likely cause of the problem. Sort it out Virgin, we pay enough money!

How can Sky Cinema work fine, yet Sky Sports (using the same login details) not? Ridiculous!

0 Kudos
Astley62
Joining in
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I have just upgraded my phone from iPhone 6 to 7 Plus and partly the reason I got it was to watch sky sports on a bigger screen on the go but since changing I too am getting the ‘unexpected error’ when I try to watch live TV

I really hope they fix this ASAP!!
0 Kudos
JimT1
Joining in
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Spoke with Virgin today and was advised this is an ongoing problem currently being worked on and is expected to be resolved tomorrow pm.

0 Kudos
ntmh01
Tuning in
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

See above for other missed deadlines!

It was supposed to be resolved at 1.35pm yesterday. The lady on the phone told me that at 2.40pm.....their system was still showing the fix to be completed an hour previous....you really couldn't make it up!

0 Kudos
JimT1
Joining in
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I think you may be right! Bit of a bugger! 

0 Kudos
Harryabbots
Just joined
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Same issue here; ugraded from 6 to 7. The app works apart from Live TV. Uninstalled, checked device management and rebooted that, again no solution.

Laroc
Joining in
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Please find a fix
0 Kudos