cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to watch saved programmes

katotash
On our wavelength

When trying to watch saved programmes on my iOS devices I get the following message.

This recording is only available on your home network. If you are at home,
check that vou are connected to the same network or SSID as vour Virain
TV box.

10 REPLIES 10

katotash
On our wavelength

Now I’m getting this message. If I can manage to watch a saved programme the sound doesn’t work and I have to change the audio setting to English 2.

Why isn’t Virgin Go working properly?

To watch your recordings, you need to be connected to your Virgin TV Box,
and your device needs to be on the same home network. It may take up to
30 seconds to connect.

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello katotash

Sorry to hear of the problems experienced with the TV Go service and viewing content, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

We have help here for any TV Go related issues that may help with the issues experienced. When you experience the problem is it on the same content? Does it happen with all saved programmes?

Rob

katotash
On our wavelength

Hi Rob

It happens on all the saved programmes and can be either of those messages that I posted. The sound is also on all saved programmes as well.

Can you ensure the app is the most up to date version katotash.

Rob

katotash
On our wavelength

I believe I’m using the latest version 4.34.4 (4.34.23.104) if so the problem still persists.

Also this morning I had a slow connection message and I was right by my router.

Download 294.09 Mbps. Upload 36.80Mbps. Ping 20ms. Jitter 1.80ms

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply Katotash, 

Is it only apple devices you are experiencing this on? Have you tried on a different device or via a browser?

Zoie

katotash
On our wavelength

Hi

I would normally just use my apple devices but I’ve tried my laptop as it’s one of my registered devices ( using Firefox) for you. With the laptop there isn’t even a watch option on my saved programmes, so that’s something else to add to the list of problems I’m experiencing.

Hi katotash,

I am really sorry, are there any android devices you could test this on?

Regards

Lee_R

katotash
On our wavelength

Hi

I don’t have any android devices to try but I’ve tried an old iPhone running on version 12.5.5 and still the same issues. Are you trying to say it’s a problem with iOS? and why doesn’t it work on my laptop either?

After reading several other posts there seems to  be other customers suffering with the same problem. So this is a known problem? When do you expect this ongoing problem to be resolved?

Please don’t ask me to delete the app and reinstall as I’ve already done that.