cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use TV Go website to watch recordings

lennyv
Up to speed

I hadn't really tried using TV go before, but with the new 360 box I thought I'd check it out.

Using a chromebook, which is showing up as a registered device in my account, I can watch live TV, and I get 'Watch on TV' as an option for my recordings and watchlist, but I can't watch any recordings in the browser. Instead I see a message that the programme is available on the Virgin TV Go website. Please go to the website to continue." The problem is that I'm already on the website.

42 REPLIES 42

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Coachmark83,

It's good to see that app version 4.32.1 is working for you.

In regards to the 360 mini. Because all the recordings are stored on the main box it needs to be on.

Go to Settings > System > Standby power consumption. You have 3 choices.
Fast start  - the 360 starts quickly but is less energy efficient
Active start - more energy efficient than fast start but the box takes a little longer to start up
Eco start - the most energy efficient and probably the one you're using on the main box. It uses minimal power but takes a while to start.
The first two options are best if you have a mini box and want to watch a recording on it

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks Newapollo

will try it when back home. If I understand it correctly the active start will keep the main box “online” then?

We have noticed that the mini box works fine if main box is on with amber light or on standby with red light on. But when the main box is totally off, no light on (after it’s been off for a while) the mini box or app doesn’t seem to link up to recordings.

I have seen this issue before where the rights holder to the program does not allow ‘remote’ viewing of the recording. If you post which recordings are affected maybe a moderator could check if this is the issue, if not then further investigation required.

Thanks Starlir. I imagine it’s something to do with rights which is a shame. 

It’s not letting me post the photo as size is too big?? Sorry.

On my recordings it’s has affected Freeview Sports. Can’t watch a recording on app, but I can go back in the week on guide to find it and watch it. Seems a bit weird that can watch it again on guide function but not on my own recordings function. 

With On demand movies feature it applies to some movies but not others. I can watch Lego Movie (first one) but not Lego Movie 2. Says only available to watch on virgin tv box.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for keeping the thread updated Coachmark83. 

Considering it only seems to be some content, and the message saying it's only available on the tv box it would appear to be a licensing/rights thing, but I'll send it to the mods to see if we can get clarification. 

Tom 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Further to my previous message, apparently this is not a rights/licensing issue but something that is known and the relevant teams are working on a fix. Affected users should keep checking and as soon as it's resolved you'll be able to access all recordings.

Tom

Thanks Tom

Will keep checking for updates. Hopefully it’s not a rights issue as seems a little limiting. I find the TV Go app works better on iOS and iPad than it does on desktop through a web browser. I get more errors on laptop than iPad. 

Also thanks to all previous replies. The linking up to main box has now been resolved in changing to “Active Start”. Mini box works fine. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Coachmark83,

Thank you for getting back to us in regards to this issue.

I'm glad to hear that your Mini box works fine after the Active Start suggestion. 

Please keep checking the system and once the issue is resolved, you will be able to access your recordings fully. 

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello! This exact same thing has started happening to me again. We went away for a week or so, came back and saw that none of our planned recordings had recorded and now this is happening again. Not sure if it it linked to some sort of outage?

Hi GenerousZero, 

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Disappointed to hear that none of your planned recording went ahead whilst you were away, we understand how annoying this is. 

Remotely looking from our end, we have located your account from details you have provided from your community profile. Can we just clarify how you set up the recordings before you left, was this from your 360 box?

Kind regards Jodi.