cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to stream from TiVo

Hammerhead
Joining in

Hi, I'm having issues trying to view recordings from one of my Virgin boxes using the TV control app. Works fine on my V6 box but when I choose the TiVo box and choose a recording I only get the option "only on TV" If I go to "watch on tablet"  I see a message "this programme is not available to watch at this time". Interestingly if I go to settings via the TV control app for the TiVo box I have less settings under "streaming & downloading" than I do for my V6 box (from which I can watch recordings without issue) On the V6 I have options for "start setup" and "system info" but not on the Tivo. Please note I get the exact same behaviour irrespective of the device I'm using (3 Android phones and 2 tablets)

Any ideas please? Both boxes have IP addresses in the same range ie 192.168.x.x 

Kind regards

Stephen 

1 REPLY 1

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Hammerhead wrote:

Hi, I'm having issues trying to view recordings from one of my Virgin boxes using the TV control app. Works fine on my V6 box but when I choose the TiVo box and choose a recording I only get the option "only on TV" If I go to "watch on tablet"  I see a message "this programme is not available to watch at this time".

Is this specific recordings and/or specific channels? If so - please quote examples and we can try to replicate. Certain channels & programmes do have restrictions on mobile streaming, but specifics will help ascertain if this is the case.

Your post implies that if you have the same programme recorded on both your boxes, then the V6 will stream to your tablet but the TiVo won't. Is that correct?

To avoid doubt, does your TiVo have an Ethernet connection from it to your homehub? That's required in order to multiroom/mobile stream, and it's not completely clear from your post whether this is the case. TiVo & V6 run the same software, but have different connectivity requirements.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks