cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login to My Virgin Media and Sky Sports Apps

wolvesfcfan2022
Tuning in

Hi, I have Sky Sports and Sky Cinema on my package, but when i try to login to the Sky Sports app to watch live TV, i get the following error "There was a unexpected error"

Also when i launch the My Virgin Media app i get the following error "Something went wrong - An unexpected error occurred, please try again later"

I have uninstalled the apps and still face the issues, is there any way i can fix the issues with logging into these apps please?

5 REPLIES 5

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi wolvesfcfan2022,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thank you for your post.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to sign into Sky Sports via the Virgin Media portal. We are aware that our customers are currently unable to sign into TV Go currently and working on a fix. 

We're sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards

Beth

Hi Beth

I can login to the TV Go app and watch live TV without issue.

The issue is only impacting the Sky Sports and My Virgin Media apps.

This issue has been on going since I signed up to Virgin on 19/02/2022 and I have never been able to login to these apps.   I thought it might fix itself but hasnt.  I don't believe this is related to on going issue.

Screenshot_20220314-100743_Virgin TV Go.jpg

Screenshot_20220314-100802_My Virgin Media.jpg

Screenshot_20220314-100839_Sky Sports.jpg

Hello @wolvesfcfan2022,

I am sorry to see this, have you tried using Firefox? We have found that this seems to work with Sky go. 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley 

Thanks for the reply.

I've not tried using a browser to access as I'm trying to use the applications I've downloaded from Google play store on my android phone.  I'm assuming these applications should work on my phone?  I've had several emails from Virgin to use these applications since I joined, if they don't work then why I'm a being recommended to use them?

Unfortunately I'm not looking for a workaround and would appreciate some help on fixing the login issue I'm experiencing with these apps please?

Screenshot_20220315-181029_One UI Home.jpg

Screenshot_20220315-181046_One UI Home.jpg

Thanks for the reply @wolvesfcfan2022, I have checked this and it seems like the issue with logging into the Sky Sports app has been resolved. Have you now been able to try logging in?

Also have you ensured both apps are fully up to date and do not have any pending updates?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules