cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login on Sky Sports app

askinner
Tuning in

I get an error message when I try to use the Sky Sports app. After logging in, I get a message that says 'You will need the relevant subscription to watch this programme. Error code OVP_00005".

I have a Sky Sports subscription through Virgin Media but it doesn't appear to be recognised. 

Can anybody help?

I did speak with two people on the phone, the first of whom hung up after 25 minutes with no help whatsoever. 

14 REPLIES 14

Hi askinner

Can you please reply to the Private message as we want to help 

Gareth_L

sampamma
Joining in

I had same problem and it worked if I open the Sky Sport player with Chrome. Seems it is an Edge issue

Thanks for coming back to the thread sampamma, have you tried using incognito using Edge? Or is that still the same? Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John, I'm just ok to copy and paste the url into Chrome and open the Sky app this way. Seems the issue has been outstanding for a long time and someone should be putting in a fix and paying Customers shouldnt have to be using workarounds

Hi @sampamma thanks for your reply.

I'm glad to hear that you've managed to get the issue resolved by using Chrome!

Thanks for letting us know and if you need any further help please let us know. 

Many thanks

Tom_W