cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to log into VM Control App

craven49
Tuning in

I am unable to log into my Virgin Media Control app on my Android phone. I enter the correct e-mail address & when I try to enter my password it asks me to create a new password. I have tried this but get the same result each time I try to log in. I have requested & actioned a password reset with the same results. I have uninstalled & re-installed the app from Play Store with the same negative results. I can log into my VM account & my VM Go App without any problems. Can any-one help please? 

5 REPLIES 5

craven49
Tuning in

When I try to log into the VM Control app on my android phone it asks me to set up a new password instead of accepting my existing one. I have had this app working fine in the past but can't log in now. I have tried inputting a new password but still cannot login. I have requested & actioned a password reset & have also uninstalled & reinstalled the app with no luck. I can log into MyVM account & also VM TV Go. Can any-one help please? 

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @craven49, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the MyVM app not accepting passwords 😞
May I ask if you've tried to set this up on a different device? Are you able to ensure cache and cookies have been cleared?
Please also try "incognito mode" and send a screenshot of the error should it continue.

Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for the reply. I can login to MYVM account but not the VM Control App on my Android phone which I use to set up recording when I'm away.

I haven't been able to try this on a different device & have not cleared the cache & cookies from Chrome as I am using the app which I loaded a while ago & has been working perfectly until recently. 

I don't understand what you mean by using " icognito mode ".

Thanks, Paul

I think I've fixed this now but don't fully understand how. I went into myVM account and changed my password. I went back to the VM control app and when it asked me to change the password, I put the updated one in and it logged me in.

Pleased to hear you've got it sorted, craven49.

Do let us know if you have any more issues from here and we'll be happy to assist you further. 

Beth