cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to log in to TV Go app

BobBlueUK
On our wavelength

I joined Virgin over a month ago now and have been unable to log in to the TV Go app since joining. I’ve searched the forum and found many similar reports from others but haven’t seen any solutions that work for me.

I get the following error when trying to log in:

DB8B2F94-3604-4B0B-AF64-7E1FBA8A1B6F.jpeg

The same login details work fine on the MyVirginMedia app & website. Further details:

• My login email address is not a virginmedia.com email address
  • I have tried resetting my password but that made no difference
  • I created a virginmedia.com address for my account but that did not help
  • I reported the problem by phone to Customer Services some time ago but they were unable to fix it

Can anyone suggest anything else to resolve the issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi BobBlueUK, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you feel this way. We understand the frustration and really appreciate your patience on this. 

I have popped Tom an email for him to chase this once again as there hasn't been any update on the ticket I'm afraid. 

In the meantime, as you are able to sign in to My VM successfully, can you try changing your password to something new that's not been used before. Once you've done this, try using the new password details to log in to TV Go. It is a long shot but something worth trying. 

Keep me posted. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

BobBlueUK
On our wavelength

Forgot to mention I have also tried deleting & reinstalling the app, but that didn’t help either!

Hi BobBlueUK,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're having some issues with the TVGO app.

Thanks for all the information you've provided so far, just to confirm, have you checked that your device is compatible with the app? You can check this here

Can you confirm if the app you're using is the latest version?

Alex_Rm

BobBlueUK
On our wavelength

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the response. Yes it is a supported device and it is the latest available version of the app (4.33.0).

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi BobBlueUK,

Thanks for getting back to us. I'll need to raise this issue with our IT team. I just need to confirm a few details with you via Private Message. Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Kind regards,
Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

Thanks Laurie, PM sent!

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi,

Thanks for confirming those details! I've raised an IT Ticket for this issue now, and I'll be in touch as soon as I have an update. Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards.

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

I haven’t had any further contact from Virgin  and the problem hasn’t been fixed yet. How soon am I likely to get an update? Getting pretty frustrated with Virgin’s services not working as advertised. 😞

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi BobBlueUK, Laurie isn't available at the moment so I hope you don't mind me getting back to you about this instead. Unfortunately the ticket raised previously hasn't been successful and I've had to re-raise it, I'll get in touch via PM to confirm the details.

Tom

BobBlueUK
On our wavelength

Hi Tom, thank you for the PM explaining the situation and for re-raising the ticket. Look forward to the next update!