cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access sky sports on my iPad or Mac

njewhu
On our wavelength

When I try and access sky sports through the virgin logon portal on sky I get and error “ oops there is a problem with your login and we can’t check your details at this  this time” .

My credentials are correct and sky works perfectly on my television. This has been ongoing for over a week 

please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi njewhu

Thanks for joining me on PM. Just to update the thread, this has been sorted. It was sorted via an IT ticket needed to be raised and they sorted the back office issue out.

Tested and it is now working 🙂

If you do ever need anything going forward, please pop us a public post and we'll be happy to help 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello njewhu,

Sorry to hear of the problems accessing Sky Sports on your Apple devices via the login portal, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

This may not be possible but do you have any other devices you could try to access this on at all? Have you previously been able to watch the content on these devices? When did the issue start?

Rob

njewhu
On our wavelength

Hi Rob 

thanks for the response . Yes everything was working fine on these devices till a couple of weeks back with this content . I tried it on my phone as a new set up and that didn’t work either . Very strange. 

thanks

Hi njewhu, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

Are you having the same issue when logging in to TV Go or My VM or does the log in work then?

Are you accessing the Sky Sports app through the TV Go app or are you opening the Sky Sports app directly? 

Finally, can you double check to ensure you are running the latest version of the Sky Sports app. 

Pop back and keep us posted 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

njewhu
On our wavelength

Hi Kath

this is on an iMac and going to the sign in page for sky sports on the sky sports site where you are presented with the option to log in via virgin media uk and then you get sign in with My Virgin Media details. This is how I’ve always done it . Is there another way ? 

many thanks 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi njewhu,

Thank you for your reply 🙂 

I am sorry to hear you are still having issues. Do you have a screenshot of your issue? With all personal details blocked out.

Thanks,

Zoie

njewhu
On our wavelength

4E53716A-FB86-422E-AE57-F1B8CCB081AD.png

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @njewhu 

Please can you try a different browser other than Safari and see if that works.

If the other browser works it may be due an issue between Safari and iCloud Private Relay and it may work in Safari if you turn off Private Relay.

/turn-on-off-icloud-private-relay-ios-15-iphone-ipad/ 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

njewhu
On our wavelength

Hello it’s not that I’ve tried other browsers . Surely this is a known issue ? 

thanks 

Hi njewhu

Thanks for coming back to us. I shall send a PM now to assist further.

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill