cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access "Manage Sky Devices"

Bansh33s
Joining in

I'm hoping someone can assist.  A few days ago trying to watch Sky Sports (Hooray Scotland!) on laptop, I got message that maximum number of devices were in use.  This didn't make sense to me.

So, to understand why limit (2) reached, I want to check my sky registered devices.  HOWEVER, I am unable to access the "management page" to review and check.  I can attached a screenshot of the error message if that helps.  I've tried a number of times on different days, with the same result.

The link I tried, as advised by Virgin webpage, is below.  This did not work for me.

https://manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/skydevices

Can anyone assist on how/where I can get access to manage my devices to watch Sky Sports ?

Many Thanks,

Andrew

23 REPLIES 23

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Bansh33s

Sorry to hear this happened 

Sky only allow one device to stream at anyone time 

Have you checked to see if our are still signed in on another device 

Or does anyone have access to your log in details 

Gareth_L

Crockret
Knows their stuff

Why does it remain to be the case that the VM forum team simply refuse to read the original post?

The Sky device management link is broken, and cannot be accessed; I can't access it either. Try it for yourself before starting with this blame game nonsense please.

Hello Crockret

Sorry you have had to reply 

We always like to ask to try one more time 

I have tried it from here and mine is working fine 

Would you like me to look at helping you.

I am happy to do so 

Gareth_L

Crockret
Knows their stuff

Any Windows browser across multiple laptops delivers this when I try to access Sky device management:

The connection has timed out

The server at manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Thanks Crockret

Let me go away and feed this back to the right Team 

As soon as I have an reply, I shall let you know 

Gareth_L

Crockret
Knows their stuff

Thanks Gareth. In case there is a connection, like some other users here, Sky Sports channels no longer appear in my TV Go TV Guide either, nor in "My Channels". Needless to say, Sky Sports still works just fine so long as I avoid VM services entirely (and don't need to change any devices)

Hello Crockret

You need to download the Sky Sports app

Once opened 

Scroll down to bottom of log in page and sign in 

Same details as TVGO

The only change is that Sky only allow one device to stream at at once 

The web link has been reported now

Gareth_L

Hello Crocket 

Can I please ask where you got that link URL from as the on we do use is 

http://manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/skydevices

Gareth_L

Crockret
Knows their stuff

To be sure, I clicked that link, and got the exact same error message.

I actually use different laptops for TV Go & Sky Sports as Sky Sports delivers much higher resolution that my older TV Go laptop struggles with.

So I just went to the laptop that I use for Sky Sports, and I can access Sky Device management on that one. Seems to me like perhaps like the Sky Device management page will only load on a device that is already registered? The laptop/browser I am writing on now can't access that page, and it's only a registered device for TV Go, not Sky Sports. Using the same up to date Firefox browser on both.

So now I have found out how I can access Sky device management (albeit only on an already registered laptop), but that doesn't help the original poster on this topic, who still seems to be locked out entirely.