cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK FireStick app is Irish?

AndrewJP
On our wavelength

I’ve installed the Firestick app for TV Go on my UK firestick using my UK virgin IP address and UK Amazon account.

It’s telling me that I’m not in Ireland (well spotted!) and that I will only be able to stream content to which Virgin has international rights. Is there a Firestick app that will stream content in the UK to which Virgin has UK rights?

Note I have no VPN or anything like that.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I don't know why it's the Amazon App Store for the UK - no idea if they can regionalise it like the others can.

As for your other question, Virgin TV Go is not supported for 'second screens':
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-go-what-devices-can-i-use

However if you use the TV as your primary computer monitor it should work using the web version of Virgin TV Go.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

AndrewJP
On our wavelength

I can’t sign in either, presumably because it expects an Irish account. Is this expected?

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There isn't a TV Go app for the Firestick for Virgin Media UK. Virgin TV Go in the UK is in the Play Store or App store only.

The 'Virgin Media Player' app is for Virgin Media TV Ireland only i.e. more like the ITV Player or the BBC iPlayer. It's not for the Virgin Media Ireland cable TV customers.

AndrewJP
On our wavelength

Oh I see, so it’s basically not really for streaming in Ireland, just more a consolidated catch up thing.

But that app is in the UK store, I can send photos to confirm if that’s useful. I installed it from there, hence the confusion. I was really hoping it would work, it was unfortunately part of the reason I upgraded 😞

So if I want to watch on my TV upstairs, could I stream on my laptop and connect the HDMI? Or is Virgin TV go limited to the (very) small screen (maybe in order to make me pay more money for additional boxes)?

Thanks!

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I don't know why it's the Amazon App Store for the UK - no idea if they can regionalise it like the others can.

As for your other question, Virgin TV Go is not supported for 'second screens':
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-go-what-devices-can-i-use

However if you use the TV as your primary computer monitor it should work using the web version of Virgin TV Go.

AndrewJP
On our wavelength

Thanks, you have been very helpful!