cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv remote app won’t connect

AndyC1962
Tuning in

Hi, my tv remote app keeps saying not connected to home network. I have followed all the instructions, all settings are correct in the app and the TiVo. I have rebooted everything, and reinstalled app. I can see TV guide, my shows, and set recordings but cannot stream on my iPad or iPhone. 
regards

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What happens when you try to stream recordings while at home? Do you get any error messages or suchlike?

If you're using a TiVo, you'll need an Ethernet connection between the STB & your homehub. Do you have one?

Have you been able to stream recordings at home in the past?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What happens when you try to stream recordings while at home? Do you get any error messages or suchlike?

If you're using a TiVo, you'll need an Ethernet connection between the STB & your homehub. Do you have one?

Have you been able to stream recordings at home in the past?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I have streamed and downloaded programs from my shows previously, tried to do it today and get message “ out of home streaming is not permitted. to set up streaming you must be on the same network as TiVo box. 
The TiVo is connected to the hub via Ethernet cable and is connected to network as all functions work. I have tried iPad Pro, and 2 different iPhones all of which are connected to the same network but keep getting same message. Have rebooted TiVo, hub, and deleted/ reinstalled app and checked all network settings.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Log into your router, and make sure that your TiVo and any devices on which you're trying to stream, are on the same IP subnet.

In other words, 192.168.0.x for all of them. x can vary, nothing else can.

FYI the TiVo isn't using the Ethernet for an internet connection, just streaming. Its internet connection is inbuilt & separate from your home broadband.

Have checked router and they are all on the same subnet, and the iPad and phone are showing in the connected devices. Have seen other posts with people having same problem after iPad has had update, maybe app no longer works.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I don't use iOS, but try also checking the advice from @Ernie_C in this previous post 

Tv go app is working so will use that. 
thanks for your help👍

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
TV Go when you have a TiVo or V6 box streams live TV and On Demand only

You can't use it to manage your box recordings or stream them from a V6.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Hi AndyC1962 thanks for getting back to us.

BenMcr has given the correct advice and I cannot really add anything to that.  I hope things have improved.  Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Regards

Lee_R