cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv remote app not working on ipad

Pam49
On our wavelength

I’ve been following forum posts about the virgin tv remote app not working on various mobile devices,  and this has happened with my iPad. I have tried all the advice given except for actually resetting my TiVo box, as I am concerned that if I do this I will lose my recordings. Please could you confirm if this will or will not happen?  Any other advice will be also very gratefully received .

thank you so much🤞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Pam49 

Thanks for raising this issue to us.

We have been liaising with our support team and we just need to check the following.

• Are you on the same WiFi connection on both the device you are using the app on and the V6?
  • Have you got your standby settings on the box as either 'Connected Low Power' or 'Always On'?
  • Have you been able to try any other devices to see if this issue still persists?
  • Have you been able to reinstall the app and set it up from scratch again to see if this resolved the issue?

If you could let us know on each points ASAP we can let the support team know.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Pam49
On our wavelength

I’ve been following forum posts about the virgin tv remote app not working on various mobile devices,  and this has happened with my iPad. I have tried all the advice given except for actually resetting my TiVo box, as I am concerned that if I do this I will lose my recordings. Please could you confirm if this will or will not happen?  Any other advice will be also very gratefully received .

thank you so much🤞

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I can't recall the exact wording of the reset options on the TiVo, but if it's anything like the V6 there'll be a straight "reset box" option at the top of the list (under Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart) and that's perfectly safe to use.

The other thing to check is that you do have a TiVo and not a V6? Photos are available here - and at what point of using TV Control you're getting an error. Is it when logging in, or when trying to do something?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Pam49 

Thanks for raising this issue to us.

We have been liaising with our support team and we just need to check the following.

• Are you on the same WiFi connection on both the device you are using the app on and the V6?
  • Have you got your standby settings on the box as either 'Connected Low Power' or 'Always On'?
  • Have you been able to try any other devices to see if this issue still persists?
  • Have you been able to reinstall the app and set it up from scratch again to see if this resolved the issue?

If you could let us know on each points ASAP we can let the support team know.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi @Pam49 , our Support Team has been looking into this and tweaked a few things, can you let us know if it's still a problem so we can update them?

Cheers,

Lisa

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Pam49,

As Lisa asked, are you still having issues with the TV remote app at the moment or has the issue now been resolved for you?

Regards,

Steven_L

Pam49
On our wavelength

Thank you for replying to me so quickly

1. Yes I am on my vm network for both
  2. Box is ‘connected low power’
  3. the app is working on my iphone
  4. ihave reinstalled the app several times and rebooted myv6 box as well, but as I mentioned I am reluctant to reset the box in case I lose my recordings - can you advise me if this would happen?
  5. thank you again- you guys are awesome!

Pam49
On our wavelength

Thanks Lisa, have just replied to Nathan. Sorry but I usually get an email to let me know someone has replied, so have just checked the forum now as this didn’t happen

thanks for all your help

Pam49
On our wavelength

Hi Lisa, thank you so much. I can now get the app to load onto my iPad, but when I go to play a recording it says only available to watch on tv - this is on all recordings

Corey_C

Thanks for your reply, Pam49, 

You shouldn't have to reset the box but are you able to reset the iPad or try the app on another mobile device?

Cheers,

Corey C