cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv go ssid

Luke99
Tuning in

Hi. I’ve recently signed up to virgin media with the new 360 box. I have the tv go app on my iPhone and iPad. I can stream recordings from my iPhone but on the iPad when I try to play it comes up with a message that we’re not connected to the same network and it might be the ssid. I’ve done the usual reset of router. Download the app. Log in log out etc but same message every time. Is there a way to resolve this ? 

29 REPLIES 29

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you connecting on the 2.4 or 5G band and is the  SSID the same.?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

The SSID is the same. I have both 2.4 and 5Ghz bands active on my router so I don’t know if my iPad is connecting on which one. Also when I run the virgin media connect app I can not see my 360 boxes. My old V6 boxes used to show up in this app. 

I have restarted my hub and still I keep getting the message saying ‘check you are on the same network as your hub in order to view recordings when you’re at home’ when I try to watch any recording from my 360 box on my iPad. I am at home and all devices are connected to my home virgin hub. 

what else do I need to do in order to watch my recordings at home on my iPad?

I’ve just upgraded my V6 box to 360 and I’m having the same issue you had watching my recordings on the TV GO app on m6 iPad. I’ve followed all the steps in this thread but I’m still getting the error message about needing to check the SSID every time I try to watch a recording. Did you do anything else to get it to work?  Thanks. 

Hi leccy,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your 360 box. 

Can you confirm if your hub WiFi is separated into 2G & 5G or is set at one WiFi name?

^Martin

My hub 3 is broadcasting on both 2.4 and 5Ghz but it is the same SSID on both bands. It is the default virgin SSID and I have never changed it. 

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What do you see when you check the Local Network Privacy setting in your iPad settings?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

5370CC5A-DCDA-43C0-9D84-35071B1F1D4A.jpeg

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried splitting the 2.4GHz and the 5GHz signals by renaming them? 

2.4GHz is a stronger signal but slower than 5GHz so if you have problems on 5GHz change to 2.4GHz.

Open a browser and log into your hub 192.168.0.1 - then navigate to the following settings so you can differentiate between the signals.

Advanced Settings > Wireless Signal > click on Disable Channel Optimization  then scroll down and  click on Apply Changes. 

Now go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security > Add a 2 to the end of the 2.4GHz Channel name, then further down add a 5 to the 5 GHz Channel name  and click on Apply Changes.

You can leave the passwords the same as they are.  Then log out of the hub at the top of the page

You will need to reconnect all you Wi-Fi devices some will want to connect to 5Ghz and some to 2.4GHz and some will connect to either.

You could also do a search for an app such as wifi analyzer which tells you the strength of the channel you are connected on, and also shows other channels so you can decide if you want to change the channel number on your hub.

Advanced Settings > Wireless > Wireless Signal >  If you haven't already click on Disable Channel Optimization  then scroll down and  click on Apply Changes

Beneath both the 5Ghz and  2.4GHz sections click on the manual button, and in the drop down box click on the channel number you want to change it to, then scroll down and  click on Apply Changes

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for your suggestion but that has not helped. 

My Virgin 360 box is connected via Ethernet to my Hub 3. My iPad and iPhone are connected to the same (only) SSID for my home network. I am not using a VPN.  

I can control my box using the tv go app - play/pause live tv etc. However, when I try to watch a recording on my iPad or iPhone I see the same error message “This recording is only available on your home network. If you are at home check that you are connected to the same network or SSID as your Virgin TV box”. I definitely am! I checked my router settings and my iPad/iPhone and 360 box (as well as everything else at home) have an IP address issued by my hub3 and are on the same network. 

Very frustrated as a new 360 user.  Please can someone at Virgin support assist me with this issue?