cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv go ssid

Luke99
Tuning in

Hi. I’ve recently signed up to virgin media with the new 360 box. I have the tv go app on my iPhone and iPad. I can stream recordings from my iPhone but on the iPad when I try to play it comes up with a message that we’re not connected to the same network and it might be the ssid. I’ve done the usual reset of router. Download the app. Log in log out etc but same message every time. Is there a way to resolve this ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Luke99 

Are you on iPadOS 14 and, if you are, have you confirmed that the Virgin TV Go app has been enabled in the Local Network Privacy settings?

5EA7629A-0603-41D9-A656-31861939C73E.jpeg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

29 REPLIES 29

JitteryPinger
Super solver

Go to wifi settings and confirm the iPhone and iPad are indeed connected to the same WiFi network

The Giggitty 1

Hiya. Yeah both are connected to the same network. 

When in wifi settings on both ipad and iphone can you click the little 'i' next to wifi network and tell me if the private address in on for both devices?

The Giggitty 1

Checked on both devices and both private addresses are enabled. 

OK, have you tried deleting the app and starting again, restart ipad too

The Giggitty 1

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Luke99 

Are you on iPadOS 14 and, if you are, have you confirmed that the Virgin TV Go app has been enabled in the Local Network Privacy settings?

5EA7629A-0603-41D9-A656-31861939C73E.jpeg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just toggled the setting off to get your message:

A726316D-0303-4F5E-BC18-8122DF26ECCD.jpeg

Hi 

this has solved it. Thank you - both of you - really appreciate that. Been driving me nuts all week

leccy
Dialled in

I have a Virgin 360 box connected via Ethernet to my hub 3 at home. When I’m at home and connected via WiFi to my router on my iPas and I try to watch a recording from my 360 box in the TV Go app I get a message saying ‘You need to be connected to the same network or SSID as your 360 box’. I thought I was! How can I watch my recordings when at home?