cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv go app not working after house move

Bredders81
Tuning in

Since my house move a few weeks ago my TV go app no longer works. It looks to still be linked to my old account from my old address as I can still log in with the old details. Strangely I can watch TV on that old account despite it being closed. But using my new details I get an error that states I can't log in with a sub account. 

I can log in to the control app, my virgin media app, sky sport etc fine. 

I have contacted virgin support 3 times now and spent hours online, each time being told it is fixed, but it isn't. Does anyone know of any other way to resolve this issue?

7 REPLIES 7

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Bredders81

Thanks for your post 

Sorry to hear about the issue with Tv Go

As you have moved home now you will need to log in with your new account details 

Have you received a new account number and set up a new online account 

I am happy to to take a look at this for you 

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth,
Yes I received my new account details and registered a new account with the new account number and area code.
I can log in to my virgin media, sky app, controller app and my online account with the newly created account but the TV GO app and desktop continues to error with this "sub account" error message.
Thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Bredders81

Just to double check - are you logging in with the same email you registered your new MyVM online account with?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,
That's correct. And its different from the email address on my old account.

Thank you for the response @Bredders81.

Does this occur on both app and browser versions of TV go? Does this also occur on multiple devices?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,
Yes on both versions and across multiple devices, mobile, laptop and tablet.

Hi Bredders81,

I'll need a few more details from you in order to discuss this further, I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm