cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv go app devices

Beefy2611
Joining in

It is now July. Virgin have been fobbing people off since March ? I myself have only recently experienced the dreaded 'device' problem,  while trying to register my new s7+ tablet. The app says registered but i can only watch on my phone, which it also says is registered. Anybody have an update please ? 

Surely a general device reset can be done on asking and answering our security questions ? Ive got a lovely 12.4 inch tablet to watch sport on but cant. 

Please help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have the same issue.

My iPhone and iPad both see a fully up to date list of the programmes I’ve recorded on my virgin box. They even see how much of any programme I’ve watched on the virgin box, and asks if I want to resume from there. The play arrow is greyed out though, and when tapped, I get the ‘Out of home streaming is not permitted’ error,

Also, the ‘info’ and ‘remote control’ icons are both showing exclamation marks next to them. When tapped, the ‘Home network is required’ error appears, asking if I want to Re-scan. I do this and nothing happens. No rescanning. Just thrown back into the main screen area.

All the time this happens, I am receiving full WiFi connection, sitting right next to my virgin router.

If I try this on the same Virgin remote control app on my daughter’s Android tablet, everything works fine. No problems whatsoever, so it appears to be a problem purely with the Apple version of your app.

These issues seemed to start happening right after the app last update, so I’m not sure if that has anything to do with it. Just look at the most recent reviews on the Apple App Store and you’ll get a bit of an idea.

I’ve spoken to virgin services a number of times and been passed through lots of different advisors, and none have been able to provide any help whatsoever.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. I’ve been trying to get this sorted for months now.

FYI. I have posted this as a new question on the forum too, so please feel free to disregard this and answer the other 🐵

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Beefy2611

Thanks for posting!

I'm going to private message you now to take a look into this, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have the same issue.

My iPhone and iPad both see a fully up to date list of the programmes I’ve recorded on my virgin box. They even see how much of any programme I’ve watched on the virgin box, and asks if I want to resume from there. The play arrow is greyed out though, and when tapped, I get the ‘Out of home streaming is not permitted’ error,

Also, the ‘info’ and ‘remote control’ icons are both showing exclamation marks next to them. When tapped, the ‘Home network is required’ error appears, asking if I want to Re-scan. I do this and nothing happens. No rescanning. Just thrown back into the main screen area.

All the time this happens, I am receiving full WiFi connection, sitting right next to my virgin router.

If I try this on the same Virgin remote control app on my daughter’s Android tablet, everything works fine. No problems whatsoever, so it appears to be a problem purely with the Apple version of your app.

These issues seemed to start happening right after the app last update, so I’m not sure if that has anything to do with it. Just look at the most recent reviews on the Apple App Store and you’ll get a bit of an idea.

I’ve spoken to virgin services a number of times and been passed through lots of different advisors, and none have been able to provide any help whatsoever.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. I’ve been trying to get this sorted for months now.

FYI. I have posted this as a new question on the forum too, so please feel free to disregard this and answer the other 🐵