Menu
razikp2
Joining in
Message 1 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Tv control error E=41 V=4

I've tried to stream from my phone (samsung S7 edge) and it will not work.  It is stuck at step 2 checking activation status.  It loops on this and fails.  When i try to stream anyway i get error E=41 V=4.  When i check the the system infomation in thet settings it says for status "Precondition failed".  I know it's not the phone as I've used it and a Hudl2 at my parents and the streaming from their V6 is fine.  When logged in as them on my phone the status is "Ready" and not "Precondition failed".

I've had a technician out and she didn't do anything, I mentioned changing the box but she said no as she'd get charged as it was 90% working.  That 10% is something that I'm paying for but can't use!  What can I do to get this working or the equipment fixed? Do I ave to leave Virgin and so to sky and at least  be able to stream on their Q boxes?  Anyone had this problem and managed to get it fixed?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv control error E=41 V=4

Hi razikp2, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

Apologies to hear you are having an issue with this.

The first thing to try would be to uninstall the app from the device. Once you've done this, turn the Hub and the V6 off. Turn the hub back on and wait for this to be back online and ready. Then turn the V6 back on. 

Once you've done these steps, re-download the app and try again. Has this made any difference? 

Come back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
razikp2
Joining in
Message 3 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I've tried this and it didn't resolve the issue and i'm still getting an error.  Now its E=72 V=8

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Are you still getting this error razikp2?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
razikp2
Joining in
Message 5 of 26
Flag for a moderator

yep still not fixed, tried uninstall of app, reboot Tivo etc
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Can you use the app at all?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
razikp2
Joining in
Message 7 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I can view the app and even set up shows to record i just can't view a recorded show. This is on the Hudl 2, one my S7 edge mobile it works fine.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 26
Flag for a moderator

What OS and version are you using with this?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
NottsStar
Joining in
Message 9 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Any update on this. ? Having the same issue with same hardware.. HUDL 2.. android version 5.1, Stream System version.  20.8.1.RC11-VMB-11, app version 4.3.0-1153549

0 Kudos
Flying_Kiwi
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I'm also getting errors within TV Control (even after trying the uninstall, power off Virgin equipment, power on in correct sequence and reinstall the App sequence). I simply cant get any downloads or streaming to work from the V6 Box on my new setup. I get various errors when attempting to use this App. Attempted streaming of V6 box recordings yields V=72, E=-1, attempted downloading of those recordings with the download symbol yields Download Failed Try Again Error 56:7 or Error 48:3

I only have one Android device to use with this VM kit and its a Tetratab Casebook 3 running Android 6.0.1. I deliberately bought an Android device withan Intel CPU and Graphics for maximum compatibility. I'd gladly use either of my two Windows 10 tablets but of course TV Control isn't available on Windows. Is ANYONE able to get this app working reliably and if so, how?

0 Kudos