cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv control app not working

babeface17
Joining in

I am signed in to my Virgin account on my ipad and can view my shows but when I click on any programme to start watching it, I’m constantly getting a message saying out of home streaming not allowed and to call customer service.  However I am at home and when I call customer service they have no idea why this is happening. I have turned off router and uninstalled and reinstalled app and the same message appears 

30 REPLIES 30

TiVo/v6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@babeface17 wrote:
TiVo/v6

Which one? The two differ in connectivity.

And how about the questions in post-18? A screenshot may help, but please obscure any indication of your external IP.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

V6

Hang on I need to look again at post 18 - I’m getting so confused with this app as before it work perfectly fine 

All devices have same ip and x is the same

I think the issue is with the app but virgin have no idea 🤷

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ok - one final thought that's come to me before we leave this for the staff team to pickup.

Within TV Control, follow Settings > Start setup. I'm fairly sure that's the menu to re-configure streaming devices. Follow the prompts through, see if this kicks things into life again. If that works, please post back to say so.

If not... please don't add too many more replies to this thread or create further posts elsewhere on the board for the same question. Leave this thread dormant for a day or so, and the VM staff team who monitor these boards will work their way to this one. I've also raised this in the VIP-section of the forum as I previously mentioned, so this may get picked up sooner. Every reply that's added can potentially knock you down their queue for a response.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Unfortunately that does not work either, I get the same message ‘out of home streaming not permitted’ so this app doesn’t want to kick into my life again

And when I click ‘more’ at the bottom right and click on remote control I get a message saying tv box not found on the current network make sure you are connected to the same network as your virgin tv box then I click on re-scan nothing happens

Ok thanks let’s hope a vip or VM staff have a solution as I’m desperate to get this fixed

Hi @babeface17,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you and to hear your TV control app is still having issues and we want to best help.

I have been able to access your account using forums details and I can see you spoke to our team yesterday regarding this. Was the issue full resolved with our team? Do you require any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

.....and if it was resolved, what was the fix?

I'd like to know, and it may help others.

the call did nothing (neither did the many calls before that help) and as I didn’t have time to keep trying off my equipment (esp working from home as I had been inconvenienced for nearly 2 weeks with either no internet or intermittent connection. and every call i had with virgin I was told to turn off equipment which made no difference then on wed I thought I’d turn it off one more time and the app then finally recognised our box so the issue was definitely with virgin who never admitted an app error as why would it work suddenly 

Hi yes thanks it now works only because I had turned equipment off, which I had been doing all week so weird it suddenly worked with no real explanation or help from virgin but hey it’s ok.  for the time being. the connection checking wasn’t the issue so weird one this 

thanks for all your help