cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv control app not working

babeface17
Joining in

I am signed in to my Virgin account on my ipad and can view my shows but when I click on any programme to start watching it, I’m constantly getting a message saying out of home streaming not allowed and to call customer service.  However I am at home and when I call customer service they have no idea why this is happening. I have turned off router and uninstalled and reinstalled app and the same message appears 

30 REPLIES 30

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In order to use in-home streaming, your mobile device must be on the same IP subnet as your TiVo/V6, which is something you can check in your router settings.

There are a couple of other possibilities that can cause this error, which can depend which OS your mobile device is - is it iOS or Android?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It was working ok up until few days ago when Virgin was upgrading their system in our area so never had to check the router or anything 

ios 

babeface17
Joining in

It was working ok up until few days ago when Virgin was upgrading their system in our area so never had to check the router or anything unless Virgin has knocked something out 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you could answer some of the points in post-2 above, that will help to advise you on what may be causing this - and potentially fix it.

You could try resetting the router in the meantime, this will force all devices connected to it, to reconnect and potentially get a new IP address into the bargain.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I’m not sure how to check the IP address (never had to before with the app).

Using iOS 

Did reset router few days ago and made no difference 

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The best way to establish whether your iOS device and TV 360 are on the same subnet is in the settings diagnostics in the Virgin TV Go app.

I assume you can do similar on the Virgin TV Control app for V6 customers.

CDBDEC71-5B3D-4DFF-A484-4E97142B89A3.jpeg

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Indeed so.

In TV Control, follow Settings > System Info, and look for the IP address on the fifth line down.

It shoild be 192.168.0.x or 192.168.1.x where the x doesn't matter too much, but the 1 or 0 should be the same as your TiVo/V6. I've never been able to find ,my V6 IP anywhere in here, and can't now.

Although, the fact that the app goes through a "search for streaming devices" to get to this menu would suggest it'll fail if the IP's aren't on the same subnet. So there's an element of self-test in using this menu.

Thanks for all your advice. System info is not available and when looking at diagnostic next to MQTT broker it’s saying disconnected. I’ve used the app for years and never had this before and virgin have no idea either

3FDF5C2A-E75E-4CD3-A145-4269535817B5.png

A5FB58E6-6D17-4EC9-9BED-CEC9712B3EDE.jpeg