cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv control app not working

LeiaC
Tuning in

My tv control app does not work on android or Apple iPhone. I’ve done everything. Reinstalled apps,tested everything and reset everything. I pay £132 a month and I’m always having problems lately. It’s so frustrating 😣

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Same error code is showing for others according to the App Store. E=41 V=4. Basically the app knows there is a streaming device on the network but it can’t find it when you set up and it doesn’t matter how many times you try. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

30 REPLIES 30

starlir
Up to speed

Tv control does not work on the released version of ios14. It will load, show recorded shows and allow you to select one from the list. Before you can press the play button the app crashes.  I have briefly seen messages along the lines of ‘this version of the operating system is unauthorised’.  According to App Store version history the app has not been updated for 6 months! I suspect it is treating ios14 as a jail broken version of iOS. Come on Virgin, get your act together, this can’t be that hard. If you are letting tv control die then just tell us.

My last post was concerned with iPad. Thought I would try on iPhone and on initial sign in the message ‘Unauthorised Modifications Detected, live streaming will not work if unauthorised modifications have been made to iOS software’. So given the app hasn’t been updated for 6 months this looks like it needs to have iOS 14 added to its list of authorised iOS versions. Can someone at Virgin advise when this will be done?

Thank you for your messages and great knowledge. I’ve been using Tv Control app more so coz The Sky Movies app died and Virgin Media Customers weren’t allowed to use the new Sky Go apps for movies. So I had to record the movies on my tv control app.The Virgin Go app and Virgin Control doesn’t work on my New Kindle Fire 10 (Widescreen TV). I do get a little further on my iPhone but it crashes after 5 mins. Thanks again And if Virgin don’t get their act together I’m going to Sky and I’ve been here for over 5 years. 

So....an update was posted to the App Store 22 hrs ago and it now works for me on iPad on iOS 14.

Happy for you and I guess the app won’t be dying after all. No update for my iPhone or Kindle Fire 10 atm. Patience is a must I suppose, during these trying times. I will update when the Virgin TV control App works on my iPhone and kindle 10, I’m being optimistic hehe 😀

Hi LeiaC,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having. 

Has the update come through for you?

^Martin

Nope the last update in the android store was 29th January 2019. If you check out the reviews it’s terrible lately. Others are having exactly the same problems as me. Kindle 10 Fire (widescreen) is the newest Kindle from Amazon so it should work but it stopped last week. I recently got the update for my iPhone but would rather watch it on the kindle fire 10 coz it’s a very large wide screen, especially for the movies. It wouldn’t be so bad if the sky movies app didn’t die a few weeks ago and there was no alternative for virgin customers, we can’t log in sky go. Tbh I’ve been with virgin far too long and each time my 9 month contract was up they put up the price. Instead of giving loyal customers a discount. Now I’m paying £132 a month. I’m sure it would be a lot cheaper to go to Sky and at least their apps work. 

Same error code is showing for others according to the App Store. E=41 V=4. Basically the app knows there is a streaming device on the network but it can’t find it when you set up and it doesn’t matter how many times you try. 

Well after updating my iPad to iPadOS 14.2 TV Control now crashes again when loading. Deleting the app and reinstalling gives the login dialogue but as soon as the app starts searching for boxes it crashes.  TV Go still works.  I sense that TV Control is not getting the attention it needs from the development team......