Menu
sjholland
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tv control app- connection lost

The connection between my TV Control app and my 2 V6 boxes has been lost. I get “the app is having trouble communicating with your virgin tv box” and have been getting this message for 4 days now. It happens whether I am using the app on my iPhone or on my iPad.

The same thing happened about a month ago but the connection returned the next day. This time seems more permanent.

I have spent the last few months living away from home looking looking after my parents. Given the COVID situation where I normally live (London) it is not an option to return to my apartment and fix the problem. I do know my boxes are still online (the connection checker on myvirginmedia tells me this). 

I am told that a Virgin media rep can reboot my V6 boxes remotely and I suspect that this is what I need. Can I therefore ask that a VM rep contacts me directly to help me do this.

Thanks all.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv control app- connection lost

Hello sjholland

Thanks for your post 

Sorry to hear this is happening with you not being home

I can reboot both boxes for you if needed. It would also be best to reboot the Hub aswell

But we will need to pass security first by private message 

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for passing Security sjholland

One of the V6 boxes was showing unreachable

So only managed to reboot one 

It was the primary one that was not rebooted 

Hope that helps 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
sjholland
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Gareth.

Despite reloading the app and resetting it nothing has changed.

My main box is still not registering on the app. The other box I switched off when I left London a few months ago to look after my parents.

The status updates on myvirginmedia show the main box is fine. It obviously is not.

Is there anything else I can do (COVID restrictions are currently barring me from returning to my apartment in London)?

Has the recently announced upgrade to the V6 boxes made any difference (I would not be interested in that service)?

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello sjholland

The only thing that would fix this is a physical reboot an all boxes

Sorry its not possible due to covid restrictions 

Gareth_L