cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv apps

Chrisglewis
Joining in

Can’t seem to watch recorded programs from the app that says need to be connected to the home local network which it is

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You need to provide some more info

What app? Are other apps ok? What TV box is it? How is that connected to the TV? Or are you watching on a different device? How are you recording - on a TV box - or something else?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Using the TV go app and it won’t let me play the recordings my phone tablet are connected via Wi-Fi it says local services need to be on which they are I’ve always had problems with virgin apps they are rubbish when it comes to watching recordings

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
OK - I will move this thread to the TV Go forum - you may get more useful advice quicker in there.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi Chrisglewis, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community although we are sorry to hear you're having an issue with watching your recordings through the Virgin Apps. 

Depending on the TV box you have, will depend on which app you would need to watch your recordings on. If you have a V6 box then you would need to watch any recordings you have through the TV Control app. If you have 360 then you would need to use the TV Go app. 

You'll also need to ensure that your box is connected to your home network. This can either be via an ethernet cable if the hub and box are close enough or if not, you can connect them via WiFi. 

If you still get the error saying not on the home connection, then try turning both the hub and the TV box off, leave off for a few minutes before turning the hub back on. Once that's back up and running try turning the TV box back on. This should correct the 'handshakes' between the devices. 

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs