cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv Control app constantly buffering

iand5
Tuning in

I have I have exactly the same problem as others but with an android box and it hasn't sorted itself..
Installed, reinstalled, cleared caches, all other streaming apps (BBC, ITVX etc) work fine but it keeps buffering on both recorded programmes and trying to watch live tv (when it has to record as it goes................)
Just want it to work with the recorded programmes,
Really fed up.
Ian 

26 REPLIES 26

iand5
Tuning in

I have exactly the same problem but with an android box and it hasn't sorted itself..
Installed, reinstalled, cleared caches, all other streaming apps (BBC, ITVX etc) work fine but it keeps buffering on both recorded programmes and trying to watch live tv (when it has to record as it goes................)
Really fed up.
Ian 🙂

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Ian

The VM TV apps are meant to be used on mobiles and tablets.

Have you side loaded the app by any chance?

They aren't made to work on android boxes in the UK, and hence you probably shouldn't even be able to download  the app from google play store.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

It  has worked for several years.................until recently

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @iand5 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your TVGo app.

Have you tried the TVControl app on a different device logged into the same account? Could you give this a try if so?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

It works on my S9 no problems in the same place.
Both have the same build 4.9.5 - 1443236 and it has been working fine on my android box until recently..........

Its worked perfectly for years so I would like a response from Virgin (the people I pay) 😞

Sorry to hear this is still going on for you @iand5 

So just to confirm, the app works fine on your other devices, but has suddenly stop working as usual on the singular android device? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi,
Yep, it works fine on everything and worked fine on the android box for years, it now just goes into buffering every 20 secs or so making it unwatchable.
Ian 

Hi Iand5, 

Thanks for coming back to us about this issue with the TV Control App. 

I have a really useful link here which helps with TV Control issues 👉 TV Control Problems 

Please take a look and see if there is anything that will help.

Thanks,

Megan_L