cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This content is not available in your region

MisterBran
Joining in

I can't watch any content on my PC or tablet since a couple of days.  I'm getting the above mentioned error.  I'm currently on business in the EU and have never had a problem before.  Has the coverage in the EU been blocked because of Brexit?

13 REPLIES 13

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Ana, 

Thanks for your post, I am sorry to hear you feel this way, our mobile service does work in the EU, we are not fault-free and sometimes things do not go to plan and they may not work.

Are you having issues while you are away and we can assist you?
Zoie

Hi. Thank you for your reply.

I am aware that the mobile service works in the EU. 

My issue is with the Virgin TV Go App which doesn't work in the EU since Brexit kicked in.

Are Virgin working on this issue so we can watch the TV we are paying for while we are in the EU? The service used to work before January of this year.

Many Thanks. 

Thanks for coming back to us

Sadly if this has been effected by the UK's decision to leave the EU, then this cannot be reversed by Virgin Media

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@AnaHel wrote:

The decent thing to do will be all the operators to come up with a solution to this and make the go apps work in the EU as before.

We are paying customers! We spend time in the EU while still paying for the services which we don't use in the UK while we are abroad. 

This is not a technical issue but a matter of negotiation, working things out, and above all, good will to do this.

Is Virgin Media working on this problem?

You make it sound simple. It’s not. It is not the broadcasters but the content owners that are blocking the programmes from being viewed. The UK is no longer part of the EU under the licensing agreements. So effectively another EU broadcaster may now have the exclusive rights to the programme you are viewing in their country, & can take legal action against another broadcaster that allows it to be viewed there.

We have a similar issue with internet radio portal sites in the UK, many of which have now removed all non UK stations under threat of legal action.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks