Menu
clarkey39
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Telly Tablet Update

hi,

I have tried updating my telly tablet this morning. It is currently running android 6. The reason for this is that the Virgin TV Control takes an age to load up on it. So i thought an update might help.

It downloads the update no problem........about 1 gig......then i get the message below.

Anyone else suffered this issue?

Telly_Tablet.jpg

0 Kudos
clarkey39
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: Telly Tablet Update

Anyone?? 🤔 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi clarkey39,

I'm hoping this will help. I think you'll probably need the 3rd option though.

There are 3 things you can try.

a) Perform a soft reset by pressing and holding the power button for about 10 to 20 seconds.

b) As above but hopefully you get the option to  start  'Safe mode'.
1. Press and hold the power button until a menu appears.
2. Tap and hold the Power off option until 'Reboot to safe mode' appears.
3. Tap OK. If successful, a Safe mode indicator will appear at the bottom of the screen. To exit safemode just turn off the tablet, then hopefully you can start up again as normal.

c) Try a hard reset. This is usually the fail safe option and if it doesn't work the telly tablet is probably cream crackered.

1) Hold the volume up, home and power buttons at the same time for 10 seconds. Keep holding the buttons until you see the android robot or the VM logo.
3. Using the volume down button, scroll down to wipe cache partition. The tablet should tell you how to select that option, generally you either have to press the on/off button  or the volume up button 

When wipe cache partition is complete. Select reboot system now.

Hopefully that helps, although it can be irritating getting the button presses just right.

If all that fails you might have to book your telly tablet in for repair  https://mobile.virginmedia.com/ecare/phoneRepairs  

At the bottom of the screen it will ask for your  IMEI number which you probably haven't got,  so click the radio box and type in TV TELLYTABLET

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
clarkey39
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant mate. Once again cheers for all your help. Will give this a go and report back 👍

0 Kudos
clarkey39
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Well unfortunately mate..... The telly tablet said no way to option A B and C 🙄 

Bizarrely it stops with 0.03mb left to download and the network issue message (in earlier photo) pops up. Press OK then resume the same thing happens again.

In the menu that you sent me too I noticed an option to update from SD card? 🤔 Could this be worth investigating?

20201009_191544.jpg

0 Kudos
clarkey39
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 27
Flag for a moderator

hello again,

I had another go at updating the telly tablet. 

I followed the guidelines on Virgins website which did not help. I even tried to call them but after 30 minutes the phone went dead.

Here is a picture of my current build version........

TT1.jpg

Here is a picture of the available update which i can access via Setting/about Tablet/Check for update.

So the tablet knows a new version exists!!So the tablet knows a new version exists!!

However as per normal the download stops with only a fraction of a MB left to go and i get the message below.......

TT2.jpgTT3.jpg

Tried deleting caches everywhere and all the ideas Dave come up with above 😤

Any ideas anyone? 

Anyone got one of these things to see which build version it is on?

Is there a way to update via USB?

My Galaxy Tab 4 is now redundant as VM TV Control demands Android 5.1 to work. Next it will demand 6.1 and the telly tablet will be heading for the bin also 🙄

0 Kudos
tanktarta
Tuning in
Message 7 of 27
Flag for a moderator

I can tell you it is certainly possible to upgrade. I did mine quite a while ago, and don't remember any particular problems.

Model Number: VM_MD_001
Android Version: 7.0
Android security patch level: 5 January 2018
Kernel Version: 3.18.35 lxg@iot-svr #1 Thu May 17 17:13:00 HKT 2018
Build Number: LF141.N0.V30.24.RC-V03
Custom build version: ROCO-2017-08-01

0 Kudos
clarkey39
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tanktatra 

At least I know there is some hope out there 😁

Not really sure where I go from here though.

Can't even get through to VM at the moment 🙄

Hopefully someone more clever than me will have an answer 🙏 

0 Kudos
clarkey39
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Morning all

Just noticed a "PC" port on the telly tablet. Looks like micro USB. Does this mean I can update via a PC maybe? 🤔

Interestingly I ran option 3 from Daves instructions above again, and look at what the results brought back when I ran a Root integrity check. 

20201015_091638.jpg

 it would seem I have a modified file somewhere and the Root integrity check failed? 🤔 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hello

There's further assistance with Telly Tablet faults here:

Exertis - Contact Number: 01282 858460

Email: virginsupport@exertis.co.uk

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos