Menu
dtcook
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Technical support, don't make me laugh. Virgin TV GO does not work on a OS device, i.e. MAC MINI.......

After 4 hours of complete and utter incompetence, I finally got to understand why, like if you were like me and were trying to download the TV GO app to your MAC and couldn't, after being told time after time by technical support that you could, well the answer is simple.

YOU CAN'T.

I changed over from Sky last week, everything was installed yesterday, but the one thing I did stipulate quite clearly was, that I needed Virgin TV GO to work on my MAC desk top computer, which like I said, I was categorically clear about and was told it would.

Well it doesn't.

And never will, because an OS device, like my MAC is not compatible. An iOS device on the other hand has windows capability, i.e. iPad, iPhone etc, but your MAC computer desk top does not, regardless of what these ill informed money making sales representatives tell you. And as for the totally inapt technical support team, they do not have a clue, in all honesty.

Simple question, is my MAC comparable with TV GO.

Why wasn't the answer No......

A complete and utter waste of my time today.

Honesty would have gone a long way, but like I said above, don't make me laugh.......... 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Technical support, don't make me laugh. Virgin TV GO does not work on a OS device, i.e. MAC MINI.....

You can use Virgin TV go on a Mac and PC - the browser version, not the app version.

0 Kudos
dtcook
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Technical support, don't make me laugh. Virgin TV GO does not work on a OS device, i.e. MAC MINI.....

Yes, but you can't get any of the sky sports or cinema premium channels. Sorry, should have been clearer regarding that.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Really? I thought you could by going to the appropriate Sky browser page and using your Virgin Media credentials:

9B979DB8-CF40-4309-A16C-1A70B626666E.jpeg

0 Kudos
dtcook
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If you can come up with one for a MAC MINI desk top computer, it would be much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
dtcook
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ernie_C, thank you very much. Why technical support couldn't explain this, is beyond me. Thank you for you clear and simple instructions.