cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TVGo says no to watching

JJ22J
Tuning in

I have the tvgo app. It won’t let me watch a lot of programmes saying I have to upgrade my package - but these are programmes included in my package that I had been watching on the app without difficulty (eg episode 1-4 of departure but now can’t watch 5) and they are included in my package - and I can watch them by recording them off the tv and watching on the tv control app. Why isn’t tvgo working anymore?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

hi there, 

so, I have been using the TV-go App for some time to watch series on my laptop and IPhone.

a few weeks ago I started getting messages the same as the guy who started this thread  (need to upgrade package).

I now cannot watch any of the SKY witness shows that are new episodes or watch programmes on other channels (Channel 4).

I have reloaded the App and done most of the other recommendations or others threads.

My Virgin set top unit is the Cisco  CT8620DVB

Please can someone help?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @JJ22J 

On the 360 box, series 2 episode 5 of Departure  shows it aired on 6th December and only gives the option to record from the next episode.

So it seems the issue on the TVGO app is connected to an issue on the set top box.

Please can you confirm which set top box  you have @JJ22J  and also if it's the same on your set top box.

EDIT On My TVGO it shows the episode but there is no option to watch, download or record it.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

It doesn’t say what type of box it is. But there was no issue watching for example Dan brown and now it won’t let me says I have to upgrade. I wish virgin media would just explain 

Ps thanks for the help. 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi JJ22J, thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear you've been having issues watching content via TV Go. I wasn't able to look further into this using your forum info alone on this occasion, please get back to me via PM so we can confirm a few details and go through some checks.

Tom

hi there, 

so, I have been using the TV-go App for some time to watch series on my laptop and IPhone.

a few weeks ago I started getting messages the same as the guy who started this thread  (need to upgrade package).

I now cannot watch any of the SKY witness shows that are new episodes or watch programmes on other channels (Channel 4).

I have reloaded the App and done most of the other recommendations or others threads.

My Virgin set top unit is the Cisco  CT8620DVB

Please can someone help?

Hello larmaman

Thanks for taking the time to raise the TV Go issues you're experiencing, we understand the confusion this can cause and would like to welcome you to the forums.

Can you ensure the app is fully updated across all devices and clear the cookies and the cache. We have checked here in the office and are unable to replicate this particular issue, does it just happen with this content? Are they available via your set top box?

We have some help here

Rob

The person messaging me directly from virgin told me they had exactly the same problem when they tried and were going to raise it internally. I’m sorry, I think the app is very unreliable. 

I have cleared the app cache and cookies and still no joy.

the set top box is working fine, I am able to watch all on demand and catch-up programs.

I just do not understand why all of a sudden I am unable to have access to some of the catch-up programs even the ones I have watched in the past week.

now getting a message asking me to call to update my package!!

what is going on??!!!

Hey @JJ22J, do please continue to liaise with the member of our team who has taken on the issue you've reported and they'll do all they can to have this resolved for you 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn