cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TVGo TiVo recording management via web is not available.

hatfield
Dialled in

I cannot access   https://manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/tivo which is a link from https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en/saved.html , which are web browser based links for TVGo.

The issue started out saying the TIVO was not turned on (it was) so it could not show a list of recordings (I know you cannot view them this way, I just wanted to delete a recording off the tiVo remotely) but now the page seems to be unavailable with the message:

----------

The connection has timed out

An error occurred during a connection to manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

--------------

My network connection is fine and I don't have a proxy. I have tried reseting/deleting cookies and private browsing with the same result. I have also tried different browsers and logging out and in to my account with the same result.

I can access the information on that page with the TV Control app on my phone, no problem, so I have a workaround on a tiny screen but if i wanted to use a tiny screen with my failing eyesight, I wouldn't have bought a 43 inch 4K monitor!

Can you please take a look and see why this link no longer works for me?

Thanks,

Chris

Chris H
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Chris H

You aren't being a pain. 

I'm trying to help, the same as I know you would do for others.

It's good to try and sort out issues and provide feedback that will help ourselves, others and forum staff.

Yeah, unfortunately I do have  a 360 so when clicking on recordings it's set up differently.

Using the "tivo" link I can log in, but when I click on the My Planned Recordings tab it won't allow me to go any further as it can see I no longer have a Tivo/V6 device. (Screenshots below again)

Hopefully someone else with a Tivo/V6 can help progress this problem 

tvg1.jpgtvg2.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Alicia69
Tuning in

@hatfield wrote: Novitasphere Portal

I cannot access   https://manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/tivo which is a link from https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en/saved.html , which are web browser based links for TVGo.

The issue started out saying the TIVO was not turned on (it was) so it could not show a list of recordings (I know you cannot view them this way, I just wanted to delete a recording off the tiVo remotely) but now the page seems to be unavailable with the message:

----------

The connection has timed out

An error occurred during a connection to manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

--------------

My network connection is fine and I don't have a proxy. I have tried reseting/deleting cookies and private browsing with the same result. I have also tried different browsers and logging out and in to my account with the same result.

I can access the information on that page with the TV Control app on my phone, no problem, so I have a workaround on a tiny screen but if i wanted to use a tiny screen with my failing eyesight, I wouldn't have bought a 43 inch 4K monitor!

Can you please take a look and see why this link no longer works for me?

Thanks,

Chris

I appreciate the information and advice you have shared. I will try to figure it out for more.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @hatfield 

Instead of using https  use http

If it doesn't work from a normal browser window then try using http via an incognito window

Also try a diferent browser.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Have you tried the links? Can you access those pages? If not, have you tried your own suggestion? I did state that I tried private browsing (also known as incognito mode) as it has worked in the past and indicated an issue with cookies/cache but it didn't work this time. Nor did clearing the cookies/cache. I also stated the I tried different browsers already but I'll try again with HTTP rather than HTTPS.

I would be interested in an answer to the first question but none of your suggestions were successful for me. As I said, I would be interested if you can access the pages as it would suggest the problem is with me, rather than VM.

Thanks,

Chris H

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@hatfield wrote:

Have you tried the links? Can you access those pages? If not, have you tried your own suggestion? ...............................

I would be interested in an answer to the first question but none of your suggestions were successful for me. As I said, I would be interested if you can access the pages as it would suggest the problem is with me, rather than VM.

Thanks,

Hi again Chris H

Yes, I have. Screenshots from Chrome incognito window below.

tvg1.jpgtvg2.jpgtvg3.jpg

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Thanks but the last page looks nothing like what I see so I assume you have 360 boxes? I don't, I have an ordinary TiVo and I get this page equivalent to your last:

hatfield_0-1665412625193.png

The link from there sends me to https://manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/tivo which is the page I referred to in the original post as being not available. If you try opening that link, what do you get?

Sorry to be a pain,

Chris H

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Chris H

You aren't being a pain. 

I'm trying to help, the same as I know you would do for others.

It's good to try and sort out issues and provide feedback that will help ourselves, others and forum staff.

Yeah, unfortunately I do have  a 360 so when clicking on recordings it's set up differently.

Using the "tivo" link I can log in, but when I click on the My Planned Recordings tab it won't allow me to go any further as it can see I no longer have a Tivo/V6 device. (Screenshots below again)

Hopefully someone else with a Tivo/V6 can help progress this problem 

tvg1.jpgtvg2.jpg

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Thanks. The first screenshot is what I would expect to see (but populated with boxes), so I think that says it's working for you and the issue I have is probably down to me!

Once again, thanks for your help,

Chris H

...and have now fixed it but at the cost of another registered device out of the 5 allowed. I no longer have an issue, please ignore.

Chris H