cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV on the GO devices limit

johngilly
Tuning in

Hi Guys,

It has happened again, reached device limit. Why does it do this??? i am using the same PC with the same browser using the same app to connect so why does it say i have used different devices and reached a limit, surely this is something that virgin media can do away with.

I am using windows 11.

7 REPLIES 7

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey johngilly, thanks for posting on our help forum today.

Sorry to hear of the issue with your devices limit on our App, could you please check here to see if your pc has registered more than one time perhaps? 
What other devices have you got listed there? Our limit is 6 devices, let us know if the issue is restored when you remove one from this list.

We're happy to help with all issues faced.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

johngilly
Tuning in

Hi 

My Laptop has registered 3 times and now I can't sign in on the same laptop.

I cannot remove any as it says 22 days left before I can remove any of the same 3 laptops.

I tried through the website aswell as the app and I tried all cookies settings but it still sees my laptop new.

Hi johngilly, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear you're unable to access our TV Go service, on your laptop.  I can see that my colleague has already provided you with links for help and advice.  This has not been successful, sorry.  I would love to help you resolve this.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_

i have same problem. Cannot use App for TV but I only use same laptop each time.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi MW346, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your TV Go service.

Can you please expand on the problem you are having? When you visit the manage my device section, are you showing that the maximum devices have been reached?

Please let us know and we will be happy to assist further. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi Nat,

I am using a laptop with Windows 11 Microsoft Edge browser and I have made a Virgin TV on the go cookies exception but still every time I login to watch Virgin TV it says my devices are full. I have 2 other devices A mobile and a tablet which work fine but my Laptop keeps wanting to be added a new device.

Very frustrating.

• John

Hi @johngilly,

Thanks for coming back to us. I can appreciate this must be frustrating.

We recommend not clearing cache/cookies for TV Go after each session, otherwise the next time you use TV Go it will present as a new device. 

Sorry you're still having this issue though, even after making a cookies exception for Virgin TV Go.

I will send you a PM and reset these for you. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page for my message. 

Hope to hear from you soon 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs