cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV go device management

victoria72
Tuning in

For the past week our TV go has requested that we log in an register the device. We have now reached our limit of devices and changes this month and this is preventing us from using TV go. I have contacted faults who were not very helpful the seem to think that clearing cache and cookies fixes everything. The advised to change my IP address which I would not be happy with as this would cause issues with other streaming services.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We log in via Google Chrome extension as we have done for the past year. As recently as Monday of last week each time we went to use the app it would ask us to log in and assign the device which is the same device we have used for the last year possibly longer.

The only time cookies/ cache and incognito have been used are when I spoke with tech support on saturday

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi victoria72

Thanks for posting - sorry to hear of the TV Go issue. When you log out are you clearing cache/cookies etc? Or using incognito mode?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

We log in via Google Chrome extension as we have done for the past year. As recently as Monday of last week each time we went to use the app it would ask us to log in and assign the device which is the same device we have used for the last year possibly longer.

The only time cookies/ cache and incognito have been used are when I spoke with tech support on saturday

Hi @victoria72 thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, this can be an issue with the TV Go service where it can register the same device multiple times which I appreciate is frustrating. Would you like me to help reset your registered devices via TV Go so you can then start from scratch?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi thank you for your reply. It would be great if you could reset the settings I did ask the tech support on Saturday but they where reluctant to do this.

What information do you need to reset the device settings

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I will send you over a private message so we can confirm some details with you 🙂 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

bigkev3579
On our wavelength

Hi would you be able to help me also, I'm getting you've reached your limit messages when trying to log onto sky sports app on my phone. When I go into virgin tv go I only have 4 devices registered and my phone is one of them. It won't allow me to remove any.

Many thanks in advance 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @bigkev3579 

You should be able to manage your Sky Devices by logging into 

http://manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/skydevices 

Make sure it's http and not https.

It's best to do this on either Edge or Firefox browsers as there is often an issue if using Chrome.

Any problems either try an incognito window or clear your browsing history.

You might also need to check that you aren't signed in on Sky Sports on a device that is playing in the background which is preventing you opening another stream.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

That link doesn't open, thank you anyway. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @bigkev3579 

The link does open if you either precede it with http OR open it in an incognito window

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali