cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV go App Suspended

Jamesfrank
Joining in

My TV Go app has been suspended on Android devices for getting on for 2 months now and despite numerous phone calls to Virgin, they have been unable to to sort this out. They haven't been able to tell me why it was suspended in the first place. The service has been and continues to be shocking and nobody is taking responsibility. Has anyone experienced this and had a fix for this issue? I pay a premium for their ultimate package and I'm now considering cancelling the contract. Any help would be appreciated! 

19 REPLIES 19

Aaron2
Well-informed

In which way has it been suspended? Can you not run it? What happens if you try deleting it from your phone and re-downloading from the Google Play store? Does it come up with any error messages that would give insight?

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.

I've tried all of that via numerous telephone calls with virgin. I've sent them a screenshot of the account suspended message I get when I sign in. It's frustrating that they can't seem to remove the suspension. All other services are fine, although the problem occurred at the same time my TV box developed a fault. The box was replaced by Virgin. I'm not sure if this was in any way connected to the tvgo app problem. 

Typically shouldn't, can you tell me what the suspended error says by typing the error out or providing a screenshot?

Screenshot_20210106-120037_Virgin TV Go.jpg

 Thanks for your reply. Screenshot attached! I'm still waiting for resolution of this from Virgin Media who don't seem to know how to fix this. It would be great to get this sorted once and for all! 

Hmm, I've never encountered this personally nor spoke to anyone that experienced it. I know from last year a member of the forum team pm'd someone to look further into it but they didn't reply to the topic as to whether they resolved it or not. 
Also remove the marked as helpful answer you gave me as it makes  the topic look resolved when it hasn't been. Have you tried logging in via TVgo website on a laptop or so and seeing if the error persists?

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Jamesfrank

Thanks for your post 

This is as new one to me So I am more than happy to find a solution 

Can I just ask if you are using your own log in details the same ones you use to sign into your online account with

Is the account in arrears at all 

What device are you using

Gareth_L

Thanks for you reply.

The account has never been in arrears. 

I use the same log in details as with my normal virgin account. 

I have a Samsung note 20 ultra which runs up to date android software and I get the same suspended message on a tablet and a Windows laptop.

The problem started when my TV box was also suspended which has since been replaced. 

It's now been 3 months and Virgin have failed to fix the issue despite many phone calls. Tier 2 have been unable to fix the issue either. 

This is unsatisfactory so any help you can provide would be appreciated. 

Thanks 

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jamesfrank.

Thanks for getting in touch, and welcome to the Community Forum.

In order to look into this further for you, I'll just need to send you a private message to confirm some security details. Keep an eye out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of this page.

Thanks

Laurie_C
Forum Team

hi did you get a a fix for this as mine has done this for the past 2 moths.

thanks