cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV control

Julieh9
On our wavelength

I am having problems signing in to tv control on my iPhone. It is fine on my iPad but I signed out of tv control on my iPhone as I was having problems with it loading. Now it won’t let me sign in says technical issue? Has anyone else had this problem today?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Julieh9 

Thanks for raising the issue to us.

We have been liaising with our support team and we just need to check the following.

• Are you on the same WiFi connection on both the device you are using the app on and the V6?
  • Have you got your standby settings on the box as either 'Connected Low Power' or 'Always On'?
  • Have you been able to try any other devices to see if this issue still persists?
  • Have you been able to reinstall the app and set it up from scratch again to see if this resolved the issue?

If you could let us know on each points ASAP we can let the support team know.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Julieh9
On our wavelength

I am having the same issue mine wouldn’t load so I uninstalled it now it won’t let me sign in. Is yours fixed?

Like yourself I rely on it due to health problems so really need it fixing.

Julieh9
On our wavelength

I have V6 box. The problem I have is signing in on the app, it says there is a technical fault. 

Julieh9
On our wavelength

I totally agree, I rang virgin spoke to numerous people who had no idea what they were talking about. It’s now been passed to it team which could take up to 5 days. I can access it on my iPad as I didn’t sign out, but on my iPhone I reinstalled it yesterday now I am unable to sign in.

I agree this is unacceptable as I rely it on my iPhone as I can carry it around easier.

Julieh9
On our wavelength

I am having the same problem to since yesterday🙁

Julieh9
On our wavelength

Well that would lead to a lot of posts about the same subject which is pointles.

As stated it started yesterday, I am able to access on my iPad as I never signed out.  It starts on the sign in page on my iPhone it won’t let me sign me at all says technical issue 

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Julieh9 

Thanks for raising the issue to us.

We have been liaising with our support team and we just need to check the following.

• Are you on the same WiFi connection on both the device you are using the app on and the V6?
  • Have you got your standby settings on the box as either 'Connected Low Power' or 'Always On'?
  • Have you been able to try any other devices to see if this issue still persists?
  • Have you been able to reinstall the app and set it up from scratch again to see if this resolved the issue?

If you could let us know on each points ASAP we can let the support team know.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Julieh9
On our wavelength

The app started working today 😀

Thank you

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Julieh9, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the community. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the TV control app via your iPhone. 

Can you please confirm which error message you are receiving?

Could you also try removing and reinstalling the app to see if this helps? 

Thanks 

Nat

Thanks @Julieh9  for updating us and we'll let our Support Team know.

Cheers,

Lisa